Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Raised temp as an early symptom?

(5 Posts)
Mrsgentle2014 Thu 01-Jan-15 22:00:46

I know here are a few people on here there monitor temperature and so I am calling on you guys for some advice.
10 days late, BFN, pregnancy symptoms like nausea and sore boobs... And then in recent days I've had low grade fever of 37.7 - going up to 38 last night?

Number3cometome Fri 02-Jan-15 10:21:47

Hi there,

I have noticed that you have posted lots recently about temperatures, taking tests etc.

I absolutely understand how difficult it is when you are desperate to conceive but you will absolutely drive yourself nuts with symptom spotting.

The only way to be sure if you are pregnant is to have a positive test, and you have already said this was negative in previous posts.

I would see your GP and see if you can get another scan done to see what is going on. It sounds like you have very irregular periods from your other posts so I wouldn't waste time and money on more tests and worrying about symptoms.

Sorry to be so blunt, but I have been there and I know what it feels like.

x

Tranquilitybaby Fri 02-Jan-15 10:25:54

At 10 days late you definitely should have got a BFP on a test if you were pregnant I would've thought. Temps can go up just before AF too.

upthewolves Fri 02-Jan-15 10:32:52

It really is impossible for anyone else to say as symptoms vary so much and can be attributed to so many things. At 10 days late I had no noticeable temperature myself. You would, I'm sure, show as positive on a test by now I'm afraid.

scaevola Fri 02-Jan-15 10:33:24

If you have been charting your temperature, you will see a slight rise at ovulation, which then (if PG) stays at that higher level (in a non-PG cycle it drops back to your usual base temperature).

Everyone's base temperature varies a bit. Unless you know your normal base temperature, other figures now aren't going to give you an answer. It's only the comparison to your personal norm that does.

But going up to 38 sounds more like bug producing mild fever, rather than anything connected with pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now