Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

A fall at 36 weeks

(5 Posts)
Naomip88 Thu 01-Jan-15 14:34:13

i just got back from walking the dog with my partner and out of the blue the dog ran in front of me and tripped me up and I ended up falling onto my hands and knees in the street. I don't think I hit my bump but I had a little bit of a tummy pain afterwards, we just got home and she's moving as normal I'm just a bit worried Should I call my midwife?

Gunpowder Thu 01-Jan-15 14:35:55

They are brilliantly protected so sure your baby is fine but call your midwife anyway, mine was lovely when I had a bad fall, and organised a scan to double check all was well.

GlitzAndGigglesx Thu 01-Jan-15 14:41:23

I fell around the same time as you and my friend drove me to hospital. Saw triage nurse who monitored the heartbeat for an hour to check for no distress. All was fine but it's always worth checking. I know some people will think the hospital is an over reaction but it's best to be safe

Naomip88 Thu 01-Jan-15 14:53:42

Just called the midwife and she said it didn't sound like I had anything to worry about. It's hard being pregnant as I'm a worrier but also I hate making a fuss!

Spinaroo Thu 01-Jan-15 14:55:21

That's good- I also fell at about this stage- I think I completely lost my centre of gravity. If baby is moving ok and you are feeling ok, try not to worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now