Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Lower stomach pain

(5 Posts)
pregnantsingle35 Thu 01-Jan-15 12:50:08

I'm a first time mum and I'm 16 weeks pregnant, Ive had lower stomach pain for 5 days now. The pain comes quite intensly for about 30 seconds then goes away but I'm getting them regularly. I've looked on the Internet and there's a lot of talk about round ligament pain but it seems that it's likely that that would be felt on the right hand side sometimes the left too but mine goes right across the stomach. Has anyone else had this? Also Im getting it when I'm just sitting in a chair or laying still in bed, I don't have to move quickly to get it. I have a midwife appointment tomorrow but I'm really looking for reassurance before I go, I suffer from panic and anxiety and this is quite a concern. Can anyone reassure me that it is normal?
Xxx
Happy new year to all.

pregnantsingle35 Thu 01-Jan-15 13:34:26

Please, there must be someone who's had this too! xx

PetaPipa Thu 01-Jan-15 13:44:44

I had similar pains very early on (5 or 6 weeks) which I think is normal. Not sure about at your stage, sorry. If there's no bleeding then I wouldn't panic. If you are worried you could phone out of hours and see what they say. If there are any concerns they will scan you which might reassure you?

HoggleHoggle Thu 01-Jan-15 13:52:52

I had weird period like pains in the early weeks, which were implantation pains.

About 20 weeks plus I had fairly frequent stabbing pains in my really low stomach. Almost fanjo area blush. They were intense while they lasted though I wouldn't necessarily say they were painful. I did ask my MW about it but she didn't really give me an answer, more just that lots was changing, you're carrying an increasing weight and your body is coping with the extra stress. In my case they meant nothing at all, I had a healthy pregnancy. Maybe the baby is just lying on a nerve and occasionally this means you get the pain you're experiencing?

PerpetualStudent Thu 01-Jan-15 14:04:23

It could be trapped wind/digestive issues?

I'm 18 weeks and my gut is playing merry hell with me - if you'll look back on the pregnancy board you'll see a post from me a few weeks ago where I had trapped wind so bad it made me vomit! Honestly could never have imagined it would hurt like that!

If the pain is coming and going across your lower belly and gets intense, this could be what it could be. Sorry if TMI, but does the pain seem to relate to you having eaten recently, or going to the loo or passing wind soon after?

Hope your MW is able to shed more light tomorrow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now