Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain in my legs

(7 Posts)
Chillyegg Thu 01-Jan-15 11:56:57

I have really bad pain in my legs especially in my calves. Last night i woke up screaming because of the pain. What's it all about? Why've I got these pains? Should I call my in monday

Chillyegg Thu 01-Jan-15 11:57:27

Call my dr
I'm also 25 weeks pregnant

Casmama Thu 01-Jan-15 12:03:10

Does it feel like leg cramps? See here

If it is just in one leg and especially if you have redness or swelling then it could be a DVT seehere.

Casmama Thu 01-Jan-15 12:04:06

Meant to say it sounds much more likely that it's leg cramps.

cathpip Thu 01-Jan-15 14:08:29

Could be restless leg syndrome, fekking painful esp during the night!

Chillyegg Thu 01-Jan-15 14:30:16

If it continues I'll go to the dr it was insane I've never experienced anything like last night !

JennyBlueWren Thu 01-Jan-15 14:40:10

I've been having this (now 32 weeks). There are suggestions of exercises you can try online. General advice seems to be to avoid standing during the day and to have legs up when sitting.
Raising legs is also advised at night but I'm finding that hard as have also been advised to sleep more upright to help my indigestion and with bump in between it's a bit odd!

One thing I found helps (at DH's suggestion) was a hot water bottle under my calves at night. The shape of it is a bit uncomfortable though so am going to look into some sort of a warm wrap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now