Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Told gender at 13.5 week scan??

(17 Posts)
Lulu3108 Thu 01-Jan-15 11:23:43

Hi,

I had my scan yesterday at 13 weeks and 5 days. It was the most amazing experience ever.

The sonographer/doctor offered to give me a rough guess on the estimate as she said it was 'quite developed'.

She did several different angles until she pointed an umbilical cord and a willy. She said a 70% chance of a boy.

I was amazed how much can be seen at almost 14 wks, however totally shocked they could give us some speculation on the gender yet this early, I thought it was after 14 weeks?

Happy new year

Xx

Mel0Drama Thu 01-Jan-15 11:29:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gudgyx Thu 01-Jan-15 11:39:01

I had a gender scan at 16w was told a boy but only 80% sure so come back week later for confirmation.

She's a girl �� her wee bits were still too swollen to tell properly at 16w. Since been confirmed at further scans, am now 30 weeks.

Wouldn't take it as gospel this early just in case!

BigCatFace Thu 01-Jan-15 16:57:59

Told a girl at 13 weeks but he's a boy.

needaholidaynow Thu 01-Jan-15 17:05:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MuffinMcLay23 Thu 01-Jan-15 20:02:47

I had the harmony test so knew before 12 wk scan what sex dc2 was. Sonographer said she was pretty sure she could tell the gender and got it right at bang on 12 weeks.

Tranquilitybaby Thu 01-Jan-15 20:20:33

I knew at 12 weeks due to having the harmony test. The consultant could also tell from the scan. A good sonographer or consultant using decent scanning equipment may well be able to tell from 12 weeks, but obviously you being told 70% certain, it's best to wait until 20 weeks before buying anything!

HulaHoopsInTheBath Thu 01-Jan-15 20:38:03

I was told at 14 week scan it looked like a girl from the nub theory - the sonographer said she used to do early gender scans at a private hospital. I then had confirmation at 20 week scan it looks like a girl. I have lots of dresses and flowery things...........midwife has since said heartbeat sounds like a boy!! I shall find out in a matter of days smile but I am sure its a girl!

Dogsmom Thu 01-Jan-15 20:42:48

I know a couple who were told the sex of their twins at the 12 week scan, I don't think they ever give definite announcements but show an experienced sonographer a co-operative baby and they'll have a good educated guess.

Don't rush out and buy boys stuff though until your 20 week scan just in case smile

RL20 Thu 01-Jan-15 21:09:53

Congratulations!
A lady I know was told at her 12 week scan (but think it was more around 13 weeks) that she was having a boy, apparently they asked her if she wanted to participate in some sort of new gender test they said they were doing, and she agreed so that's what they told her. She was then also told at her 20 week that it's a boy! Whether or not it's a coincidence I'm not sure. I know that private places offer gender scans from 16 weeks. I had a 16 week scan (although not gender) but they did tell me it was a boy after asking if we'd like to know, and at my 20 week scan they also said boy grin x

GlitzAndGigglesx Thu 01-Jan-15 21:14:45

I read yesterday you can't tell before 12 weeks but I'd think it's most accurate at 20 weeks

jazzyjenbo Fri 02-Jan-15 10:20:55

I had my scan at 11+4 and sonographer said she would b very surprised if he turns into a girl. There was a very distinctive projection from the genital area. I have my 20 week scan on the 12th Jan so will see if that early prediction was correct.... I'm secretly hoping she was wrong as i would of liked another girl if i could pick.

Number3cometome Fri 02-Jan-15 10:31:14

Told with both at 12 week scans and both were correct, although I did check again at my 20,28,32,35 and 38 week scans haha!!

Burmama Fri 02-Jan-15 17:13:28

I was told they were pretty sure it was a boy at 12 wk scan - confirmed at 20 wk with a full-on willy shot that even DH and I couldn't miss. smile I think an experienced sonographer can make a pretty good guess early on, especially if it's a boy.

Hellokittycat Fri 02-Jan-15 17:27:30

I had private nuchal scan at 13 weeks with my 2 eldest and was told both times very confidently that they were boys. They are!

puddymuddles Fri 02-Jan-15 21:51:46

I had 12 week scan at 13 weeks - I asked and they said couldn't tell me (NHS not private). I didn't realise others were being told this early!!

Showy Fri 02-Jan-15 21:58:21

At 13+4 the sonographer had just the day before got a brand new machine. It was superb. She was very excited and spent ages showing us all the new detail it picked up. She said it was almost certainly a boy and did some detailed scanning showing how things were developing in that direction. She was utterly right. Same sonographer did another scan 7 weeks later and we saw ds having a wee in utero.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now