Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Liverpool baby and toddler show - wait to buy pram or buy it before?

(11 Posts)
tj2419 Wed 31-Dec-14 11:28:01

Hi

We have been looking at prams and travel systems and know that we want the maxi cosi pebble and 2wayfix base. We have narrowed the pram choice down to either the Mutsy evo, igo or the Uppababy vista 2014 or 2015.

The baby show is 15th February and our due date is the end of April.

The dilemma is when to order. Are there likely to be better deals at the baby show than online? (Maybe people who have been before May know)

The vista 2014 is discontinued so we could get a good deal on it but once places sell out of it, it is gone. But there might be a long waiting list on the vista 2015.

The vista 2015 is probably a bit too expensive at £699 but is there likely to be a really good deal at the show?

Any advice would be great thanks.

2014MrsH Wed 31-Dec-14 11:49:53

Not sure if this helps but I went to the baby and toddler show in October in bluewater and saved £300 on my bugaboo buggy and maxi cosi pebble car seat.
I had planned on buying a Jane buggy but was disappointed when only a handful of different brands of buggies were actually at the show. Majority of the brands advertised on the website weren't at the show. So my advice would be to check in advance if the brands you want are at the show.

CarrotPuff Wed 31-Dec-14 12:07:50

Do you have a credit card?

Check returns policy wherever you want to buy the pram from now. You could get the pram you want, go to the show, and if you see a better pram/better deal, return the original pram? A bit of a faff but this way you wouldn't miss out.

dragonflyinthelillies Wed 31-Dec-14 13:19:33

We bought our pram at the bluewater show as well and saved £220, and they were able to deliver straight away (although baby's not due till February so it's coming in a couple of weeks) I second what 2014mrsh says though, not all the advertised brands were there.

I went thinking I wanted the uppababy vista but ended up with the baby jogger versa instead. We ended up leaving the show to go to john lewis to look at the vista, I then decided that I liked the bj better (lighter, and much easier to fold) and we went back in the show and bought it.

ZylaB Wed 31-Dec-14 13:19:36

I ordered my 2015 vista from the London show in October, there probably won't be any deals on it as it will be popular.

BanglesSpangles Wed 31-Dec-14 13:24:29

We got a 2014 vista at the london show, at 'show price'- not a huge discount (about 50 quid cheaper than we'd found anywhere else, from memory). Think the 2015 model had a show price too

Wormatthebottomofthegarden Wed 31-Dec-14 15:05:20

We got a deal on our Bugaboo Bee and car seat.

tj2419 Wed 31-Dec-14 15:32:47

Thanks for all the replies smile

We're going to go to a big pram shop in a couple of weeks. Maybe buy one then on credit card and if there is a better deal at the show cancel it as it would. Be within the 30 days.

Love the vista 2014 but the OH isn't convinced on the way it folds which would be solved by the 2015 model but £100 more! Don't think we can stretch to that :p

MrsNJR Wed 31-Dec-14 16:21:59

We went to the liverpool baby show before our little boy was born in 2013. I'd been told to expect lots of big discounts available etc. We had a list, bedding, curtains, pram, car seat... Came away with none of it. It might be bigger and better now, but there was only 1 stand with prams available to buy on the day, and no better price than we'd seen elsewhere. And they didn't have all the extras we wanted like carrycot, isofix base for car seat etc. I can't remember what we did buy, but nothing ground breaking x

MrsNJR Wed 31-Dec-14 16:24:40

Lesters baby store in Manchester was great, if u want a few things they knock at least 10% off without even being asked. One thing we wanted wasn't in stock and they delivered it for free to our house. We r in Preston, so manchester and liverpool both a good hour away, but Lesters was well worth the trip x

MrsCK Wed 31-Dec-14 16:45:14

I ordered my vista 2014 in september. We had to go for our third choice colour as it had sold out everywhere and John lewis weren't getting more in stock. It arrived December and I'm due end of Jan. If I could, I would have waited to see and handle the 2015 vista but it's new features seem brilliant for having with a toddler. we'll just have to make do with our 2014 one! what I'm trying to say is, I don't know how easily you'll find stock of the 2014 vista x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now