Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Lletz Treatment

(8 Posts)
Tonih89 Wed 31-Dec-14 11:03:59

Hi I had Lletz treatment for CIN2/3, I am now 8 weeks pregnant and am worried about the complications of this treatment and my pregnancy, does anyone have any advice or guidance on this? Also I am due a smear while I am pregnant, Most nurses seem to say wait until after the baby is born, but some have told me it's perfectly safe, this has left me totally confused and unsure what the right thing to do is, any suggestions or advise would be a great help thank you x

Anotheronesoon Wed 31-Dec-14 11:14:53

I had The same treatment and had two babies subsequently so don't worry! for my first pregnancy I was part of a trial which looked at women who have had letz to see if their cervix was weaker -it wasn't and I had two normal pregnancies and vaginal deliveries at post term. try not to worry Although I know it's hard!

zebrapig Wed 31-Dec-14 12:35:17

I had a lletz 4 years ago and have had no problems so far. I was also due my smear but when I went to the clinic to have it done they decided to postpone it until after the baby is born as my last 3 have been clear. The nurse did say that if I'd had the treatment more recently then they would've done the smear and it would've been ok.

strawberryblondebint Wed 31-Dec-14 13:04:26

I had a smear when pregnant that showed cin 3 cells. I waited till after dd to get the treatment. However I was glad I had the smear in pregnancy as I probably would have left it after the birth and it could have been dangerous. Have the smear. It's perfectly safe

applecore0317 Thu 01-Jan-15 10:11:13

I had lletz last December and am now 19 weeks pregnant, mine was CIN2. I have a consulatant appointment at end of January to check the length of my cervix, if any weaknesses show I believe they put in a cervical stitch, just mention it at your booking in appointment. That's what I did, my cousin though had CIN3 and had a lot removed and was pregnant within a few months with no issues

applecore0317 Thu 01-Jan-15 10:15:03

by no issues I mean the pregnancy was fine and she went over due

Firstimemummy15 Thu 01-Jan-15 16:33:28

I was under colposcopy for CIN 2 and fell pregnant before I was due to go back for a smear to see if the treatment had worked. colposcopy would not take a smear whilst pregnant and are recalling me after I've had baby. they even said the changes to my body with being pregnant and the birth itself could rid my body of the bad cells and not to worry. I found this hard to begin with but am now 19 days of due date and am glad I didn't have the smear and risk baby.

pinkie1982 Thu 01-Jan-15 18:37:27

I had a lletz when I was 17. I have also had two cauterisations. I brought this up with my midwife who told me you only get referred to a consultant if you had two lletz procedures

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now