Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Why am I so nervous about this pregnancy

(10 Posts)
Racheyg Tue 30-Dec-14 21:46:14

Hi all,
Just wanted to come on here for a little talk. I'm 18+4 pregnant and this is my second pregnancy.

Had no fears during my 1st pregnancy but this one has turned me into a wreck. Every twinge I wonder if everything is ok. I then try and find the hb on Doppler and I can't find it. I was able to find the hb easily from 14 weeks but since Xmas all I can hear is the placenta.

I felt movements at 15 weeks (fluttering) but they have since calmed down. I still feel pregnant my tummy is getting bigger and milk has started to come through.

Sorry for the long post it's just my oh thinks I'm worrying far too much and doesn't understand, sometimes coming on here for a "chat" makese feel better x

EstRusMum Wed 31-Dec-14 01:02:35

I was like that. It's my second as well and after 20 weeks(about) I stopped using doppler, as she started moving a lot. Also constantly worried and still am, if she hasn't moved for few hours. Luckily in just 2 days she will be out and I can start waking up and listen to her breathing in the middle of the night. grin
But I think you should get your baby moving before using doppler. Drink cold water and eat some chocolate, then try again. I'm also quite sure that if you will call hospital or midwife, they can reassure you or maybe do a scan.
You can also get a private scan, if you feel that you are just worrying too much and that they will laugh at you or something. I got one at 10 weeks. I had no symptoms and needed to know before my NHS scan, whether I'm actually pregnant.

Tranquilitybaby Wed 31-Dec-14 05:51:07

I feel like this too at 15+2. It's horrible when you feel so anxious. I'm purposely not buying a Doppler as I think I'd worry more and obsess over finding the hb.

leanne963 Wed 31-Dec-14 10:48:47

I'm worrying too! I'm 19w3d and started feeling definite movement on boxing day! Yesterday I felt movement on the morning but she was quite chilled in the evening and her movements weren't as strong. Now I am worrying. Although I know after 4 days of movements you can't know a pattern yet and she could just be in a different position etc.... still worries me. Have 20 week scan on the 9th of Jan!
I too have a doppler and found the HB last night but I don't want to rely on it as it can't always be trusted! I just want one or two strong kicks again and ill relax ha!

bubalou Wed 31-Dec-14 11:20:44

Don't worry you're not alone.

I'm 18+2 with my second with a big 7 year gap.

My first even though I was only 22 I was relaxed, calm, didn't worry or fret at all.

This time round like you I've been a nervous wreck. Nervous at every scan and midwife appointment that baby won't be there etc. nervous at every pain and twinge.

I can't offer much advice except to take a deep breath and reassure yourself it's all perfectly normal.

smile

Racheyg Wed 31-Dec-14 15:57:54

Yes I think the Doppler is my worst enemy. I brought one for my 1st and I remember finding the hb easily and quickly. This pregnancy is so different. I have my midwife on Friday so I hope she finds the hb to put my mind at rest smile

Hope all of your pregnancies go well. And enjoy the rest of 2014 xx

IrnBruTheNoo Wed 31-Dec-14 16:03:08

I am a nervous wreck in all my pregnancies so you're not alone. I have never used a Doppler though.

Threeplus1 Thu 01-Jan-15 01:46:17

It's for precisely this reason that I've resisted the urge to buy a Doppler in any of my previous 3, or this my 4th pregnancy. I've worried progressively more with each pregnancy as I feel so lucky to have had 3 easy pregnancies and births I now feel like I'm pushing my luck with this 4th iyswim confused

I'm still only 12+4 so a looong way to go!

Racheyg Thu 01-Jan-15 15:54:32

Three- please don't feel like that. Have you had your 12 week scan yet?

I don't know why we feel like this from what I read it's quite common to worry throughout. I don't think I can go through it as many times as you grin good luck with your pregnancy xx

Threeplus1 Thu 01-Jan-15 23:11:28

Thanks racheyg smile

I just had my 12 week scan on Monday and all looked fine so I'm somewhat relieved, but I still feel like it's early days! I don't know why but I've grown progressively more anxious with each pregnancy, yet they've all been easy - my last was a dream and the birth, as far as can be said of labour, was amazing. I've learned so much more though about what can go wrong in later stages as close friends have been through some terrible times.

I'm going to start back swimming to ease my mind and relax so I can stop overthinking things!

Good luck to you and the other ladies too flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now