Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can't find any good fitting maternity trousers!!!!!!!!

(18 Posts)
LG1979 Tue 30-Dec-14 20:05:42

I'm about to end up in tears at the fact I have been online for days and can't get any shops in a 40 mile distance that carry maternity trousers! Also been online trying to find any long length, bootcut or wide leg trousers that will be ok for work and can't find anything!
I have Next jeans but they're not going to be comfy enough to be sitting at my desk all day in them, so looking for warmish trousers if possible.

I need help ladies, any suggestions of stores I can go into to try on, or sites which might carry the ones I need?

FruitBadger Tue 30-Dec-14 20:37:33

Have you tried Jojo? I got a pair of black work trousers there, I'm 5'3" and had to turn them up because they were ridiculously long on me otherwise grin

ClearlyOpaque Tue 30-Dec-14 22:08:12

I've just got some decent work trousers from Next, ordered them online and collected them in store. Have you tried the Next site? I only ordered mine yesterday.

Alyx80 Tue 30-Dec-14 22:19:57

The best I've found this time have been New Look, nice and long (I'm 5ft 11) and fit well.

LG1979 Wed 31-Dec-14 09:13:09

Thanks ladies, I've had a look online at Next but most seem to be skinny leg shape. I need bootcut or wide leg but most websites don't list these styles. I have 2 pairs of Next maternity jeans which are ok but need a couple of pairs of comfy trousers as well.

Blanketontheground Wed 31-Dec-14 09:14:29

I lived in my Gap ones. Proper trousers with a huge elasticated bump.

Doje Wed 31-Dec-14 09:23:56

Maybe try H&M. I'm about 5'9" and they fitted me well with a bit of leg room. I did get skinny jeans, but presume they have other kinds of trousers, and they were the most comfortable item of clothing I had. I've just lent them to my SIL and she loves them too!

jessplussomeonenew Wed 31-Dec-14 09:44:30

My best pregnancy work trousers weren't actually maternity range but a very stretchy straight pair, with a flat elasticated waistband in a crepe-type fabric from M&S - wore them up to 38 weeks. I think they still have something similar.

Next is good - order loads of stuff online the day before, pick up and try on in store and immediately take back what you don't like.

Zahrah5 Wed 31-Dec-14 09:48:13

I have boght quite a wide leg in Mothercare, they had it recently 50% off but they are quite short lenght,". They had it in thin navy farbric and thicker winterish grey tweed.
The best pants I have are from New Look, they have also different lenghts to choose. They are bootcut but quite tight in tights and knees area, but they are my most fave and best fitting ones.

TheSteveMilliband Wed 31-Dec-14 09:55:30

Also, don't forget eBay. I got most stuff for my second on eBay and got much nicer stuff than first time round for less money. Don't know if formé is still going but they had lovely (v expensive new) stuff but could only get on eBay.

BanglesSpangles Wed 31-Dec-14 10:38:06

I gave up in the end- must have tried about 40 pairs, had several paddies, and burst into tears in the changing rooms of new look- ive been wearing thick tights and dresses instead.

That said, i always found it pretty tricky buying trousers that fitted properly before I was pregnant, so Ive no idea why I expected the maternity versions to fit!

dorasee Wed 31-Dec-14 10:44:27

My last pregnancy (baby now 7 month old) was the hardest for me, fashion wise. With my other two, I was able to find lovely, stylish wide leg and cargo type trousers, smart trousers. This time it was all 'skinny' jeans which is where all of my fluid goes! Great, like I really want to highlight my varicose veiny-tree trunk legs AND feel like someone's packed my legs into sausage casing.
You want comfort and style. Why is it so hard to find? I almost want to start a line of maternity clothing myself!
I 'won' finally in the end but practically lived in a single pair of second hand Seraphine trousers off eBay. They were wide leg, but not crazy wide. They fell nicely and were viscose so comfortable, stylish, simple, went with everything, and comfortable until the day I popped.
I think any jersey trousers are the best and Seraphine does them well. I got all of my stuff on eBay and saved a bundle but sometimes the online shop has good sales.

bubalou Wed 31-Dec-14 11:25:48

I bought a pair of black maternity trousers from new look a couple of days ago.

Very comfy and I think we're only about £12

Not sure on lengths available. I'm 5ft 6 and got the 32 leg but I like them longer and I wear healed boots with them. They had both over and under bump.

smile Good luck

I'm struggling to find a maternity swimsuit that isn't hideous for center pars in January. confused

Only going to be 21 weeks and still quite a small bump so hoping I might get away with a tankini and just buy a bigger top.

MrsTawdry Wed 31-Dec-14 11:32:35

I made my own. Out of jeans I knew fitted me...look if yyou can't sew, do you know anyone who can? It is very easy.

LG1979 Wed 31-Dec-14 13:28:48

Thanks to all you ladies for the info. Might have been going wrong and missing out on ebay bargains, we have a new look locally but not sure if they have maternity wear, will need to have a look!
My mum and I can sew but not sure if I can really be bothered with that to be honest. I seriously thought when I got pregnant and didn't care about the belly growing, I wouldn't have any trouble finding trousers to suit! lol I don't really have the legs for leggings or just tights so really just need to find a couple of pairs of trousers to go with the jeans I have and hopefully that'll be enough! confused

Blanketontheground Wed 31-Dec-14 13:58:08

Try Dorothy Perkins - I bought a few wrap dresses that I wore post preg while my tummy was still big. The greatest piece of advice I can give you is buy proper maternity tights!

bubalou Thu 01-Jan-15 10:03:21

Newlook you can order online into store for free I think. smile

TimefIies Thu 01-Jan-15 15:50:16

I ordered about 8 pairs of black smart trousers from New Look (it can be hard to tell how they will look/fit, as the website does not have buyer reviews).

That meant I got free next day delivery to my house, and I could return the 6 I didn't need to my nearest store (which didn't stock maternitywear) for free. The two I kept were really good and saw me through to mat leave, along with some dresses!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now