Talk

Advanced search

Slow growth

(2 Posts)
rach1993 Tue 30-Dec-14 17:57:53

Hi,

Im just shy of 8 weeks pregnant but have been bleeding for over two weeks. After first starting I went to my GP who sent me to my early pregnancy ward where I received a scan confirming I was just shy of 6 weeks pregnant, had a size of 2.1mm and also found a flicker of a heartbeat. Two weeks on and the bleeding carried on to the point where it was much stronger than a period and I passed two clots, I went to my a&e where they sent me for another scan, during the scan to my surprise she found a sack still with a heartbeat however it was only 3mm in size. This means there has only been 1mm in growth. They also discovered a hemorrhage just below my sack which explains the constant bleeding. They booked me back in for a scan in a weeks time, however when I asked questions relating to the chance of a successful pregnancy they told me nothing, I think maybe they were trying to spare my feelings due to already experiencing a miscarriage earlier this year however I would prefer to know my chances.

Has anyone got any advice or experienced anything similar? Anything anyone can say is hugely appreciated!

Bustherb Tue 30-Dec-14 18:11:44

I didn't want to read and run but they don't say anything if they're either not a trained midwife or they just don't know, hope that helps. I'm sure the person would have said if they thought there was a problem smile xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now