Talk

Advanced search

chicco next 2 me crib

(16 Posts)
theonewiththenoisychild Tue 30-Dec-14 10:04:34

does anyone have this and was it worth the money? i already have a cot and moses basket. cot was free off friend have brought new mattress and moses basket i kept from ds as saved it just incase also brought new mattress. but i will be breast feeding and i will have had a c section so was thinking of a co sleeper crib. also as my little boy is due end of march this should still be big enough for our summer holiday (seen one put up in mothercare) and more portable than a full size travel cot. pretty sure he will have outgrown moses basket by the time the holiday comes. tia for any thoughts on this

Zahrah5 Tue 30-Dec-14 10:19:55

Hi

I dont have it but I did my research and intent to buy it. It is so crazy expensive for what it is (compared to cot prices). But I really like the idea of bedside sleeping and I think the convenience is worth it. I picked Chicco over Snuzpod or Bednest as I like the design the best and it is quite spaciuos (compared to snuzpod). I hope it will bring me to up to 6 months when I will replace with cot bed.

I hope to be able to move it around the house sometimes also for day naps. But I might also use pram carrycot piece for some day naps.

I figured I can always sell it once I am done with it. The resale value is pretty good and should actually cost me net less than the NCT 6 months Bednest rental. However, I am planning to make small hole on the bottom of mine to feed the wire of undermatress monitor so that might decrease the value.

theonewiththenoisychild Tue 30-Dec-14 10:52:01

you might get the wire through the zip sides without needing to make any holes in it and save lowering the resale value. not sure tho. im glad someone else is also thinking the same way tho makes me feel less silly for wanting to buy it. i know i have a cot and moses basket but as the cot is currently put together in my room and taking up a lot of space i was thinking i could take the cot apart and save space for a while aswell as this little one will be in witj us until old enough to share with his brother

Zahrah5 Tue 30-Dec-14 11:19:27

I was thinking about putting it through the zip sides but dont think that will work with sides zippered up. The idea is of the wire to not be anywhere inside the crib so the baby can not strangle.
I will zipper it up for times when I am not around, thats when I need to use the monitor. I have not noticed any other possible holes in it but I need to take better look in the store.

vallinnapod Tue 30-Dec-14 11:39:30

I have one. DD is only 13 days old and actually at the moment we put our Uppababy carrycot in the Next2Me as she seems to prefer being more enclosed. It does look like it will last infinitely longer than a moses basket/crib as it is a really decent width and length. I am hoping it will see us through to 6 months+.

The first couple of days we used just the Next2Me and it is lovely and easy to slide the baby in and out of for feeding.

dorasee Tue 30-Dec-14 11:43:09

Got it. Love it. Can't fault it. My 7 month old now sleeps in big sister's room, still in the next2me cot with the sides up of course. It's a very comfortable cot. Wish I had it with my other two. It's great value.

dorasee Tue 30-Dec-14 11:45:21

Oh and it works as a travel cot! We took it on holiday this summer.

theonewiththenoisychild Tue 30-Dec-14 12:22:44

i really did love the look of it when saw it in mothercare. even oh said it looked a good idea

bradders85 Tue 30-Dec-14 13:22:12

I have bought one although baby not due til April, couldn't resist as had been looking at them and found one for sale locally on ebay - perfect condition and only £75!

theonewiththenoisychild Tue 30-Dec-14 15:31:21

i was thinking of buying a used one but not sure where id get a new mattress for it

TheToadLessTravelled Tue 30-Dec-14 15:38:15

Got one and its fab. I drag it round the house to whatever room i am in during the day and the baby even sleeps through bring wheeled around. Seems really comfy in it. I use it with a sensor pad monitor and the cord is poked through a side seam so is all out of the way. Finding it much better than the Moses basket we used for our first baby.

babyblabber Tue 30-Dec-14 16:22:43

I'm on number 3 and the one purchase I've made is a cocoonababy. It's like a cushion baby sleeps in for first few months. Loads of people I know have used one since I had m last baby and they all swear by it, they all have good sleepers and sre convinced it's coz of the cocoonababy! It's dkightky slanted which helps wind and you can keep it in the bed with you so baby is close to you but raised up. I just got one in sale for €95

Might be an alternative?

theonewiththenoisychild Tue 30-Dec-14 16:30:23

cocoonababy isnt an option for me really as oh smokes. i would be too nervous to actually let baby sleep in my bed

theonewiththenoisychild Tue 30-Dec-14 16:35:57

obviously he doesnt smoke in the house tho. but wouldnt feel comfortable having baby sleep between me and his dad of his dad smokes. but happy for him to sleep in his own bed next to me

Zahrah5 Fri 02-Jan-15 10:27:59

For the Chicco owners

anyone had any luck of attaching mobile or some sort of other toys or noise machines to it?

houghtonk76 Fri 02-Jan-15 18:44:46

This very helpful as am considering buying Next2me crib for baby for April.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now