Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Allergies in Pregnancy

(5 Posts)
TheBooMonster Mon 29-Dec-14 23:27:13

Has anyone else noticed that they have allergies kick up in pregnancy?

When I was pregnant with DD I had serious problems with cats, most would cause me to get really fluey and prolonged contact would give me nose bleeds. I still notice that I get a bit stuffy round cats but it's otherwise fine.

This time round it seems to have all kicked up again... but with my chickens! I can't go out there to even open the coop up without getting flu like symptoms for hours after, and the sneezing is mixing fabulously with my ever failing pelvic floor blush

Every time I mention it people look at me like I'm crazy, someone tell me I'm not the only one?!

Nuttynortherner Tue 30-Dec-14 11:40:24

You're definitely not alone!! I had hayfever for the first time this summer and my skin (which is hyper-sensitive at the best of times) has been a nightmare all the way through. Eventually I spoke to my GP who said Piriton was fine to take so I've been on it all the way through but thankfully down to only 1-2 tablets a week now (32 weeks now). Hope yours gets better!

leanne963 Tue 30-Dec-14 12:01:45

Ohhhh I feel your pain. Before getting pregnant I was on a steroid nasal spray and a hayfever tablet every day. I have allergic rhinitis so sneeze a million times a day from changing from a hot to cold room, or distribution, or perfume or my dog.
Now I feel like a fuzzy headed snot bag every day sad might have to try the piriton then!!!

WhyOWhyWouldYou Tue 30-Dec-14 12:15:11

Allergies can definitely start up in pregnancy - I've developed an allergy to canaesten thrush treatments - it left me raw and bleeding and feeling like I'd been scalded! Not nice.

insancerre Tue 30-Dec-14 12:22:21

My friend developed a nut allergy during pregnancy
It was how she found out she was pregnant. She had a reaction and ended up in hospital
She now has to avoid nuts and has to carry an epipen everywhere she goes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now