Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any nipple preparation tips?

(4 Posts)
bumpertobumper Mon 29-Dec-14 22:59:32

I am 34wks with DC3, and now that the xmas malarkey is out the way am thinking about the things I had pushed to the back of my mind...

So, with my first two I had really really sore cracked nipples. Apparently no problem with latch, position etc - just cracked bleeding nipples for at least a week. I figured it was a bit like blisters from new shoes, once they are healed you'll be fine. But was surprised that it was as bad with DS2 as DS1. They are 3 years apart, there is over a 4 year gap to this one so they have had time to soften up even more.

Is there anything I can do now, stuff I can put on that will 'toughen them up' before DC3 arrives...??

TIA

hotfuzzra Mon 29-Dec-14 23:50:03

I was advised to use lansinoh in the run up to it. I started using it around 37-38 weeks, and had DD at 41+6.
To be fair I've had no bleeding but it's been fecking painful at times. She's only 3 weeks so I know we're still getting the hang of it. I would recommend it.
My DM said I should use surgical spirit did not take her 33yr old advice
Good luck with no. 3!

bumpertobumper Tue 30-Dec-14 11:37:31

thanks hotfuzz, I'll get some lasinoh

WhyOWhyWouldYou Tue 30-Dec-14 12:10:36

I was always under the impression nothing could be done before hand but lanisoh is fantastic once baby is here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now