Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Low placenta and chance of preterm labour

(4 Posts)
capecath Mon 29-Dec-14 20:44:55

So with DS1 I had a painless bleed at 28 weeks, then a placental abruption at 33 weeks ending with DS1 arriving, even though placenta was not low. DS2 had no bleeding and arrived full term. Now DS3 is 29 weeks along and I have a low placenta ("touching os"). At 27 weeks I had two nights in hospital after a painless bleed and have been spotting brown blood since, no new blood though and no pains. I also bled at 20 weeks. Thoughts on the chances of me bleeding again and not making it to full term?? Guess I have DS1 in the back of my mind... Have extra consultant appointments booked and another scan at 36 weeks.

capecath Tue 30-Dec-14 16:07:05

Bump

TeaandHobnobs Tue 30-Dec-14 21:52:37

capecath my DS arrived at 31+5 after three weeks of many incidences of significant bleeding (I would say about 5 - 7 significant bleeds during that period). In the end, the bleeding irritated my uterus into contracting, and kicked off labour.
Obviously there is no conclusive answer, but I'd say if you do not have many (or too many) episodes of bleeding, hopefully DS3 should stay put. Bring this up at your next consultant appointment? If they think you are at risk of premature labour, they may give you the steroid injections.
And of course, any sign of more (fresh) bleeding, call your labour ward - but you know that smile
Good luck! thanks

capecath Tue 30-Dec-14 22:19:45

Thanks teaandhobnobs sounds crazy... X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now