Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

**Possible labour?? Uncomfortable**

(8 Posts)
kwebbi14 Mon 29-Dec-14 20:42:30

Hello ladies!

I'm 33+4 weeks with my first baby...

I've been experiencing regularish Braxtons all day and I just feel abit odd. Last few hours I've been having niggly pains in my bump and its quite worrying now. Like little stabbing pains under my bump and around my belly button. I woke up this morning with an aching groin and had very mild pains throughout the night in my groin.

Any ideas? Advice hugely appreciated! xx

Inbl00m Mon 29-Dec-14 20:45:20

I'd ring your midwife or if you have a triage, ring them. Had no idea I was in prem labour until I was 9cm, it was just lucky my husband rang them to ask about symptoms I was having. Good luck!

helensburgh Mon 29-Dec-14 20:46:23

Agree worth getting a check up.

Keep us posted

kwebbi14 Mon 29-Dec-14 21:10:32

I'll be ringing my triage shortly, thank you smile

Jodie1982 Tue 30-Dec-14 00:27:24

OP how did you get on? Any news? Hope all is ok.

Number3cometome Tue 30-Dec-14 09:38:13

How did you get on OP? x

kwebbi14 Tue 30-Dec-14 11:36:23

Hello smile

So they initially thought on the phone UTI or pre term labour from my symptoms.

Got there any had the full observations done, no UTI present and great fetal monitoring. Strong braxton hicks is the likely answer though when she checked my cervix during the speculum she said there was a 'pin prick' opening but nothing indicating anything soon/to worry about. Has anyone else been told this before?

Warm baths and paracetamol recommended (haven't worked in the last 2 days so any ideas welcome!)

Thanks ladies x

Number3cometome Tue 30-Dec-14 12:32:07

kwebbi14 My cervix is pin prick when having smear tests when not pregnant, so I assume this means not dilated at all which is brilliant as you don't want to be having baby just yet. Another 7 weeks or so for baby to cook grin

Best of luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now