Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Booking in appointment?

(13 Posts)
ClumsyCrocheter Mon 29-Dec-14 18:37:31

When does this generally happen?

I might be being over anxious that I haven't had my appointment yet, but I'm just a bit concerned as I know I'm likely to be referred for consultant led care, so I'm just worried about there being a delay.

I'm 9+2 weeks pregnant, and I told my Drs 5 weeks ago today that I was pregnant, and they prescribed the right folic acid etc. After two weeks I phoned and spoke to a receptionist, to check if the Dr referred me, or if I need to self refer. She said the Dr referred me, that I would recieve a phone call in due course from the midwife, but as she's so busy she's not taking on anyone else atm, so to just wait for a phone call.

I'm just worried because of delays, as I said above, and with only 3 weeks until I'm 12 weeks and due my scan, that's not giving work much notice for time off for that and the booking in appointment (can't book annual leave as work in a school - know I'm entitled to the time off, but obv want to give as much notice as possible).

Would I be unreasonable and ridiculous to phone again tomorrow to chase this up? Or do I carry on waiting it out? When have others had their booking in appointment?

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Mon 29-Dec-14 18:40:06

I would chase. You should have a date by now. smile

mistymorningmemories Mon 29-Dec-14 18:41:36

Might be best to chase again - we had to make our own appointments with mw.

Augustwedding Mon 29-Dec-14 18:42:22

9+ 1 and have mine tomorrow so would follow up.

mistymorningmemories Mon 29-Dec-14 18:42:31

Sorry - forgot to say I had my booking in appointment at 9wks for both dc.

Galvanized Mon 29-Dec-14 18:56:29

You should chase, the NHS often send letters by second class post and on more than one occasion I've received the letter after the appt date!

Cymrublonde1 Mon 29-Dec-14 19:10:12

Thinking of chasing myself girls after reading this as I am 10 weeks and haven't had a phone call....
Remember on my daughter, meeting the mw at about 11 weeks and the scan the week after (on my 30th birthday!!) xxx

sleepybee Mon 29-Dec-14 19:41:16

I told my dr of my pregnancy at around 5 weeks & got my booking appointment & scan appointment in the post a week later. I had booking appointment at 10 weeks & scan 2 weeks later. I would call your Dr

BumWad Mon 29-Dec-14 19:46:04

It is quite normal to have a booking in appointment at 10-11 weeks. I would leave it till the new year then chase it up. I'm sure they'll fit you in, good luck!

ClumsyCrocheter Mon 29-Dec-14 19:52:59

Yeah, I can understand it's normal to have it at 10/11 weeks...but I thought I would know the date for it by now, because I need to give at least a weeks notice to work for time off (as we're usually expected for appts etc to be weekends/half terms etc).

I feel really annoying chasing it up, but I think I will do, cos what if a letter has been sent and gone missing, or I've been missed out or something.

Thanks everyone

GlitzAndGigglesx Mon 29-Dec-14 19:56:32

I done a self referral with the hospital I hope to give birth in. Received booking in appt and ultrasound appt within a week. Had booking in just shy of 6 weeks and my ultrasound is booked for mid Jan where I'll be 12 weeks. Chase it up!

Swanny84 Mon 29-Dec-14 20:33:30

Chase it up chick. I waited 4 weeks for my app but was given it the day I told them I was pregnant. Xx

Sorehead Mon 29-Dec-14 20:57:09

In my area the booking appt is done on the same day as the scan.

I'd still ring to chase though because my referral had gone missing, so if I hadn't chased I may still be waiting for my booking appt/ dating scan and my baby was born 10 weeks ago grin

I think the people in the midwife team understand people's concerns about getting their appointments sorted so even if they've received the referral and not gotten round to making appointments they may sort it there and then for you, especially if it will cause issues with work smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now