Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Good NST, still worried

(1 Post)
joeschmoesmum Mon 29-Dec-14 11:45:50

Wise mumsnetters, I once more need your help in this (what feels like) very long pregnancy.
35w5d and ended up having another NST this morning for reduced movement. The first one showed a good baseline but little variability and consultant didn't like it (his words..."Don't like it, do another one.") and so I stayed for another half hour hooked up, had orange juice and little one seemed to wake up. Second NST was deemed fine by both dr and midwife and I was sent home.

The problem is that I still feel worried. I don't know if it is just my anxiety playing up (which has been very high throughout the pg, due to a history of several miscarriages etc etc) or if something really is wrong. I am reassured by dr, and truth is I have felt this way before in this pg and everything was fine, but cannot help but feel like baby has become more sluggish over last couple of days (after a frantic spell of kicking a few days ago).
WWYD? My mum-instincts are not to be relied on, due to heightened anxiety (which I had before pg too...) yet I feel so responsible for this little baby inside me and know that I am the only one who can alert HCPs to any trouble brewing...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now