Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity swimwear partic with very big boobs!

(10 Posts)
supersupersupershock Mon 29-Dec-14 11:03:32

My body doesn't fit into the normal 10/12 whatever range of swimwear as I am very large on top. I normally get swimwear from Bravissimo but they don't do maternity. I want something with a 36FF/G top and maternity size 10 bottoms. I also need some support with these biggies and again just can't find it. ANyone?

Happilymarried155 Mon 29-Dec-14 11:14:15

I've had the same problem and have given up. Couldn't find anything appropriate! Wanted a tankini as I'm hoping for a water birth but I've given up and packed on old large tshirts instead! I will be watching this thread with interest!

Annbag Mon 29-Dec-14 11:17:51

I got a tankini from JoJo. Some came up small but others were ok. If you have one near you go there and try them all on.

Big boobs before pregnancy, ridiculous during and size 8 everywhere else!

DontBeBlueBeARainbow Mon 29-Dec-14 12:20:22

I went swimming this weekend and went with my back of the wardrobe size 12 plain black no boob support cossie plus a black crop-type sportsbra thing underneath. It worked really well and no money spent!

ThreeFrazzledFandangos Mon 29-Dec-14 12:21:49

I had to wear a sports bra under mine during pregnancy. Just couldn't get anything that could cover my boobs and they were agony anyway without proper support.

supersupersupershock Mon 29-Dec-14 12:57:55

Good idea. I might go with the bra under costume but suppose will need to get maternity costume to cope with belly!

Ange77 Mon 29-Dec-14 13:54:37

I had the same problem. U bought a Materinty cozzie on eBay but it didn't have built in cups, decided to wear a bikini top underneath to hold up by boobs.
Couldn't find anything appropriate anywhere else

gincamelbak Mon 29-Dec-14 15:22:35

The only thing I could find was a maternity swim suit from Sports Direct. It was lurking in behind some normal swim suits. Bought it when 30wks, it has one of those elastic band ledges for some degree of boob containage. I shudder to think what size I am now, was 36H around 12wks. Luckily, my gargantuan bump does a good job of keeping my boobs up round about where they should be, more than the elastic ledge I think.

It was only £11 and an innoffensive plain black.

supersupersupershock Tue 30-Dec-14 08:43:02

Hey never thought that bump might keep them up and in the right place smile

gincamelbak Tue 30-Dec-14 22:00:16

I don't rely solely on the power of the bump in case my boobs take it upon themselves to escape out the side. The elastic ledge does good containment duty thankfully.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now