Talk

Advanced search

I want a Mcflurry

(21 Posts)
Number3cometome Mon 29-Dec-14 09:31:46

And I want one now. Why are they banned? WHYYY!!!!!

piglet81 Mon 29-Dec-14 09:34:46

They're not banned. They're gross wink but if you fancy one then tuck in!

NHS info here: www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/foods-to-avoid-pregnant.aspx#Ice

m33r Mon 29-Dec-14 09:35:16

I've been super careful about everything through the pregnancy and a few weeks ago, I ate one by accident! I am fine! Have one! fwink

Lottiedoubtie Mon 29-Dec-14 09:36:02

Yep they used to be banned but happily not anymore! Tuck in!

ChaircatMiaow Mon 29-Dec-14 09:38:33

Oh god, now I want one too!! A crunchie one. Waaaaaahhhhhh.

Four weeks to go...then I will scoffing handfuls of cold prawns and prosciutto and smearing mcflurries all over my face. Oh yeah!!

And my newborn baby. Will be excited about her too. Ahem.

Number3cometome Mon 29-Dec-14 09:38:47

My Midwife lied to me then haha!!

She said last week no Mcflurries, I was like WTF!?

I wouldn't normally eat them but the baby wants them, right...now....

Number3cometome Mon 29-Dec-14 09:39:33

ChaircatMiaow

hahahahaha!! I've got 29.5 weeks to go!!

NorwaySpruce Mon 29-Dec-14 09:39:37

They are not banned, plenty of pregnant people eat them.

There is a tiny risk of listeria from whippy ice cream, but McDonalds have very high standards of cleanliness etc. and to be honest if listeria is on your mind, there are enormous lists of things you should steer clear of. Hoummous was responsible for an outbreak last time I was pregnant.

I'd just eat the ice cream. In fact I did, often fgrin

ilovepowerhoop Mon 29-Dec-14 09:41:43

Maybe avoid soft ice cream from an ice cream van but the McDonald's ones should be fine

ChaircatMiaow Mon 29-Dec-14 09:41:45

Are they not banned by the NHS anymore?

Soft serve ice cream is definitely still on the NSW Food Safety Authority's Do Not Eat list. Boo

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Mon 29-Dec-14 09:45:06

Im 28 weeks pregnant and all I could keep down in the first trimester were mcflurrys and chocolate milkshakes.

I wouldnt eat ice cream from an ice cream van but my cousin works for mcdonalds and assures me the machines are stripped down and scrubbed daily.

Number3cometome Mon 29-Dec-14 09:48:41

I'm on my way to Mcdonalds now woohoo!!

Hakluyt Mon 29-Dec-14 09:49:23

My DS is made of Crunchie McFlurries!!!!!

You should be careful of squidgy ice cram out of a machine because if they arn't cleaned properly they can hqrbour bacteria, but I would think you'd be safe with somewhere like McDs- they have pretty strict hygiene standards.

CumbrianExile Mon 29-Dec-14 09:55:27

Ha, another one who practically lived on McFlurrys when pregnant. Currently watching DS sleeping peacefully. Go get one and enjoy grin

ClariceBeanthatsme Mon 29-Dec-14 10:07:56

Oh god I hope they serve her a Mcflurry, isn't it just breakfast until 10:30 sad

Number3cometome Mon 29-Dec-14 10:11:14

I haven't left yet - the boss is lurking grin

Lottiedoubtie Mon 29-Dec-14 10:14:57

Refusing a pregnant woman a mcflurry would be a very dangerous thing for mcDs to do....

Rumplestrumpet Mon 29-Dec-14 10:45:13

I hadn't even thought of a Mcflurry, but now you mention it... scans the horizon for the nearest yellow arches...

BanglesSpangles Mon 29-Dec-14 11:16:10

As someone who in a former life had to clean a mcdonalds icecream machine far more than id care to remember, i can tell you those things are sanitised to within an inch of their lives- my food hygiene standards at home are nowhere near as rigorous grin

purplefeathers Mon 29-Dec-14 11:54:31

Someone mentioned cold prawns too. I've been eating cold prawns. I've indulged in loads of prawn and avocado bagels, I think pre cooked prawns are okay.

Number3cometome Mon 29-Dec-14 14:55:58

I'm so happy!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now