Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

weight loss during pregnancy? help please.

(11 Posts)
Rebecca1608 Sun 28-Dec-14 16:45:26

Before I got pregnant I was really slim and looked after myself well I was a size 8-10 eating healthy and gym'ing a few times a week.
I'm 13 weeks pregnant and fair to say I've put a few lbs on loving my food too much and not being very active as I couldn't be arsed. I've maybe gone up to a size 12-14 which isn't big but I'm expecting twins so will go pretty huge if I carry on.
I'm feeling not as tired anymore and would like to start getting back into my fitness and eating healthy (and partly to try and lose a couple of lbs)
is a small weight loss possible? And safe?!

HELP PLEASE smile

Alby16 Sun 28-Dec-14 18:10:28

Why not instead of trying to lose weight just try and remain healthy and not Put on unnecessary weight if u know what I mean? I'm typically a size 8-10, put on weight before falling pregnant so was a size 12 to start and now pushing a size 14-16. I find the weight gain hard but have decided to opt for healthy eating and a bit of exercise and will try and lose weight once baby arrives xxx

Marshpillow Sun 28-Dec-14 19:17:39

I'm not entirely sure but I don't think its recommended that you try to lose weight while pregnant unless you had a lot of weight to lose in the first place. As you started as an 8-10 you probably didn't have that much excess body fat to begin with, so I agree with the pp who suggested trying to control your weight gain as opposed to trying to lose weight, by exercising and eating right. Also, if you didn't have much body fat to begin with your body may be putting on weight as you need the extra fat to sustain a healthy pregnancy.

Rebecca1608 Sun 28-Dec-14 19:19:17

Yeah I know what you mean. In the first few weeks I was eating A LOT of fried food and junk. Crisps, biscuits etc so now I'll just stick to healthy options and some exercise smile thanks xxx

Alby16 Sun 28-Dec-14 20:37:34

Defo need a bit more padding with a baby hahaha! I am 23weeks, bump isn't too big but feel I have gained weight around my hips and bum and grrrr it can be annoying. I have always been self conscious about my weight so I wouldn't say I am struggling with the weight gain but it doesn't feel comfortable. Felt better doing walking, exercise bike(for every short periods) and a bit of yoga smile xxx

Rebecca1608 Sun 28-Dec-14 21:39:36

Hahah yeah I suppose. I'll have a lot of padding soon but I'm struggling a little bit with my weight gain because when I was a lot younger I was a size 20+ I worked hard and kept it off for years taking me down to a size 8-10 so although 12-14 is not big I'm having a bit of a panic that I'm on my way back up the scales that's all and would like to maybe as you say just maintain and start living a healthy lifestyle again xxx

Alby16 Sun 28-Dec-14 22:50:48

I know how u feel...and well done on if previous weight loss that's Amazing!

What about having a plan as well for after babies have arrived - I plan to join weight watchers (again) and hoping that during my time off will have plenty time for nice long walks with the pram! smilesmilesmile

neversleepagain Sun 28-Dec-14 23:18:01

I put in 3.5 stone during my twin pregnancy. By the time they were 3 weeks old 3 stone had fallen off me! Breastfeeding helped and not getting a chance to sit down also helped!

Rebecca1608 Mon 29-Dec-14 07:44:38

Yeah that's true. I'll have the little ones in June so hopefully I'll get to go on nice walks with them & I'll definitely have some sort of plan when they're born.
I'm hoping I'll lose my weight as quickly as you. That's amazing. Well done flowers

neversleepagain Mon 29-Dec-14 09:28:22

In all honesty, I didn't do anything! It was all babies (12lb), placenta (5.5lb), blood and water. I was like a walrus!

Rebecca1608 Tue 30-Dec-14 08:44:08

Ha ha a walrus. Great I'm gonna be huge, it's gonna be so worth it but definitely time to start watching what I'm eating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now