Talk

Advanced search

Thrush at 24 weeks

(8 Posts)
prevlurker123 Sun 28-Dec-14 16:06:23

I am pretty sure I have thrush, will I be able to get something from a pharmacist for this without visiting docs first? Given its christmas time getting an appt is tricky and im fairly sure its thrush I have.

Thanks in advance!

Serephim Sun 28-Dec-14 17:49:39

Hiya, I had to go to the Docs as the pharmacist said it was illegal for them to sell thrush treatment to pregnant women. I did just get a telephone appointment though instead of actually going in.

naty1 Sun 28-Dec-14 18:03:24

I just told receptionist and the gp did a prescription. But i had had a swab done showing it.

rubyboo2 Sun 28-Dec-14 18:05:58

Hi Ive just finished thrush treatment. No chemist would let me get any I had to see my Gp . I had just finished abx and had a hurrendous infection so had cream and pessary .

PenguinPoser Sun 28-Dec-14 20:24:55

Try asking the doctors for a telephone appointment if you can't get in, lots of surgeries have these more readily available than seeing someone. Or ask your midwife if you're due to see her soon, I had same problem at 22wk appt and she just asked the GP to do a prescription.

prevlurker123 Sun 28-Dec-14 21:10:24

Thanks folks smile Good to get opinions from those who have experienced! Hadn't thought of a telephone appt so that might be the way!

ClearlyOpaque Mon 29-Dec-14 11:31:28

I had thrush at 6 weeks and a few times since (I'm so lucky!). The first time I went to the pharmacist, he said I should check with the GP before buying it, which I did via a phone appointment (he said pessary and cream are fine, just "be careful" when inserting the pessary as I was such early days). Ever other time, the pharmacist has just asked if I've checked with a doctor and when I say I hace, he sells it to me.

Not sure if that helps?!

ClearlyOpaque Mon 29-Dec-14 11:31:41

Have, not hace

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now