We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sinusitis help recommendations during first trimester

(11 Posts)
nannynome Sun 28-Dec-14 12:12:52

Am suffering from horrendous sinusitis and was hoping someone on Mumsnet may know of something that will help as paracetamol isn't touching it and I permanently feel like I have a clamp on my head and turning/bending down makes it worse sad I have a toddler to cope with and need cures!! Anyone? Have tried steaming and it doesn't seem to be doing much to help.

skyra13 Sun 28-Dec-14 12:21:18

I suffered with this at the start of my pregnancy got given antibiotics didn't work no one really listened to till finally one doctor gave me some Avamys steroid spray, this really helped with the headaches I would advise seeing doctor as tablets don't do anything for it.

Hope this helps.

smile

nannynome Sun 28-Dec-14 12:50:36

Thanks skyra, am due with the midwife next week for my booking in appointment, will give it another day or two and then abandon hope and get a doctors appointment sorted sad

Gudgyx Sun 28-Dec-14 12:53:29

Nothing worked for me �� docs gave me 15/500 cocodamols, when they didn't work they said there was nothing else they could give me, it was just one of those things.

30+1 now and it's still there. Cold patches and forehead rub have saved me

PorkyMinch Sun 28-Dec-14 12:56:16

Look up sinus face massage on YouTube and then try it in a hot bath. It really helps drain all the crap out of your face.

ChuckNovice Sun 28-Dec-14 12:57:35

I had this during pregnancy. I know it might not be an option for you but my hospital offered acupuncture for pregnant women so I had that and it seemed to help.

Woodenheart Sun 28-Dec-14 13:01:01

Breathe right nasal strips, 4head stick, paracetamol & baby olbas oil in a mug with boiling water in my room at night is the only thing helping me at the mo (BF toddler)
So I cant have sinutab etc.

Mumraathenoisylion Sun 28-Dec-14 13:03:48

Really feel for you, it's awful.

I used hot wheat bags over the bridge of my nose and top of cheeks which seem to open up the offending cavities. There are points on your cheekbones you can press which alleviates the pressure, underneath the outside edge of your eyes.

Emz1989 Sun 28-Dec-14 13:08:38

Sterimar nasal spray has been a godsend for me... It's about £8 in boots and is basically a sea water salt spray so totally fine when pg or bf. Sounds awful but it's not too uncomfortable to use and has cleared my sinuses in just a few uses! Definitely worth a try

nannynome Sun 28-Dec-14 13:29:45

Thank you, I am going to try all your suggestions! I will try anything right now. I didn't have this in my last pregnancy, am hoping it goes away again as I can tell work for another couple of months and this is really interfering in my day to day doing things!

applecore0317 Sun 28-Dec-14 19:27:19

Boots do menthol crystals, you put them in a bowl of hot water like you would olbas oil and inhale, only a couple of crystals needed and they help with the swelling that sinusitis causes, such a relief for it. Ask at the counter though if you can have when pregnant, it's really good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now