Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

weight loss 16 weeks pregnant

(6 Posts)
kaybug Sun 28-Dec-14 10:48:43

Hi, this is probably a really silly question but its my first pregnancy and I worry about everything! I am currently just over 16 weeks pregnant and trying to eat healthily (probably about the same amount of food as pre pregnancy, maybe more over Christmas). I weighed myself this morning and have lost 7lbs since I was weighed at my booking appointment (8 weeks ish). Should I be worried? I have a definite little bump but don't understand how I can weigh less?! My bmi was slightly high to begin with but I haven't tried to lose weight.
Any ideas why this is happening or am I just being paranoid? Just worried I'm not giving baby what he/she needs.

ToriB34 Sun 28-Dec-14 10:52:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kaybug Sun 28-Dec-14 11:14:19

thanks smile know im just being paranoid. had my 16 week check up at 15 weeks because of christmas hols and babys heartbeat was fine. just a worrier I guess!

Misty414 Sun 28-Dec-14 13:31:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hellohellohowareyou Sun 28-Dec-14 14:26:04

I'm nearly 14 weeks and a stone lighter than the start. Finally getting my appetite back now so I'm sure that will change! Plus my diet was rubbish back then, a lot of empty calories from alcohol which I'm no longer consuming.

kaybug Sun 28-Dec-14 14:30:54

Feel much better to know its normal. Thinking about it I drank a lot and didn't eat too healthily so although eating the same amount I'm probably eating less calories. hopefully it means we won't have too much to lose after our babies arrive!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now