Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else NOT weighing themselves?

(20 Posts)
passmethechocolatechocolate Sat 27-Dec-14 21:05:39

Coming to end of first trimester and I don't want to know how much I have put on as I know it will depress me. I don't intend on wieghing at all though presume mw will do so.

BingoBonkers Sat 27-Dec-14 21:07:19

Not all MWs weigh you. Probably depends on your current weight and bmi ef is you are at either end of the scale and it's possible cause for concern. Only times I've been weighed was at the FMC and the day before my ELCS.

Knottyknitter Sat 27-Dec-14 21:08:56

Only weighed at 12 week scan and 36 week appointment here.

passmethechocolatechocolate Sat 27-Dec-14 21:12:39

At my booking in I was weighed and normal BMI, so hopefully won't be weighed again til the end. I know I shouldnt be concerning with stuff like this but was just reading through preganancy books and it is saying how much should put on in each trimester and overall, I have enough to fret over without adding wieght to it.

blackwidow74 Sat 27-Dec-14 21:13:32

I'm not weighing tho the midwife and consultant have ... I gave up smoking in week 6 and now I'm 23+3 and have gained a stone and a half sad

BlingBubbles Sat 27-Dec-14 21:14:08

I had my first baby in the UK and was only weighed at my booking in appointment, currently 38weeks pregnant with my second and I have to get weighed everytime I see the Gynea - I am no longer in the UK! It's blady awful......

JennyBlueWren Sat 27-Dec-14 21:23:29

I was weighed at booking so they could work out my BMI (and give me extra folic acid) but they haven't weighed me since and I'm not weighing myself.

I know I will need to work to lose weight after pregnancy so might weigh myself after I've had baby so I know what I'm starting from -or might leave it till I feel up to it.

Jodie1982 Sat 27-Dec-14 22:57:51

I've been weighed a couple of times at Consultant appts, but didn't dare look at the scales! It depresses/worries me too much. I really don't want to know.

avocadotoast Sat 27-Dec-14 23:13:18

I have weighed myself a couple of times, I try not to though as I'm trying not to focus on it.

lunalovegood84 Sat 27-Dec-14 23:34:55

I was only weighed at booking appointment, never again the entire pregnancy. Didn't weigh myself either - ignorance was bliss for me. Got a rude shock when I stepped on the scales 2 weeks after giving birth!

dietcokeisgreat Sun 28-Dec-14 20:58:21

Weighed at booking amd 13 wk scan. Gained 5kg. Now 16w and thighs too big for jeans. sad
Thinking of avoiding weighing from now on as am hungry all the time.

Threeplus1 Sun 28-Dec-14 23:11:18

I was only weighed at booking in for my first three in the UK. I'm no longer in the UK, but have only had booking in so far so don't know for sure if I'll be weighed every appointment, but I get the impression that might be the case.

As long as the weight gain isn't crazy, which could indicate GD, I'd say don't worry. Concentrate more on light exercise (if poss) and eating healthily.

BingoBonkers Tue 30-Dec-14 04:13:46

blackwidow well done on giving up smoking!

Maxis1 Tue 30-Dec-14 08:03:46

I was weighed at my booking appointment and I made the mistake of going onto the scales at 23 weeks but I have stayed clear of them ever since. I so don't care what I weigh anymore. If they were worried I am sure the consultant or gp would let me know.

silverfishlondon Wed 31-Dec-14 13:21:22

I was weighed at booking appointment, she somehow weighed me a few kg less than I thought, then not weighed since. Only 2 weeks to go now, so not sure what the point of weighing was. I'm obviously gonna gain weight but they havnt checked how much.

prettywhiteguitar Wed 31-Dec-14 13:33:30

Got weighed at booking in but not weighed since, try not to worry about your weight.

RL20 Wed 31-Dec-14 13:40:12

I'm currently 24+2 and haven't weight myself. Had my 24 week midwife appointment today but wasn't weighed. Was weighed a while back at either the hospital or doctors I can't remember which but yeah I haven't really gave it a second thought since! X

comeagainforbigfudge Wed 31-Dec-14 13:58:57

I just weighed myself. I'm not worried about putting weight on. It's more because I lost weight with being so sick so wanted to make sure I'd started putting it back on.

Which I have. No all of it but the main thing is I'm not losing any more!

RL20 Wed 31-Dec-14 14:56:20

That's good to hear ComeAgain. I lost weight in the beginning of my pregnancy, I did have a lot of sickness but it was mainly the nausea that put me of about 90% of food! I lost/didn't put any weight on for ages mainly because of that. So in the past month or so I've got back to enjoying food as my nausea has worn off thankfully! I probably would have weight myself for that reason too but I didn't know my precise starting weight so there would of been no point, instead I'm just going by instinct that I know I've put it back on x

ChickenMe Wed 31-Dec-14 19:37:11

I got weighed at booking in. The next time was at 22w by which point I had put on a stone since pre-pregnancy. But they didn't comment on anything. I haven't been weighed since nor had my bump measured. I don't own any scales.
I'm not too worried about their stupid charts and rules about weight as I think I look alright and there's plenty of time afterwards to obsess!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now