Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pram question?

(14 Posts)
Mexicantortilla Sat 27-Dec-14 12:29:24

Hi, due in February and have not found a pram yet, actually there's loads I like but can't afford 😩 DH won't spend much as it's not like we're just starting out as this is our last one so he can't see point in spending a lot. Can anyone give me any suggestions for a less expensive option, the only things I want is a carrycot and pushchair that faces either way and it must be easy to push and manoeuvre. I did find a cheaper mothercare one that looked nice but was terrible to steer and needed both hands to turn it. Thanks.

GingerDoodle Sat 27-Dec-14 12:38:26

I had a Mutsy (fabulous but expensive), a Cosatto and have a City Mini - the city mini is by far the best and will last!

weeblueberry Sat 27-Dec-14 13:57:52

Have you looked on gumtree? It might be worth looking at a second hand travel system that has everything you need but might be a year or two older? Like a bugaboo bee or Uppababy vista?

What's your budget?

SilverStars Sat 27-Dec-14 14:05:02

Definitely look 2nd hand. Did you have any before you liked?

JennyBlueWren Sat 27-Dec-14 14:52:00

If you have an idea of what you'd like then it's worth looking second hand. I got a really nice one for £100 with all the bits and pieces. There were other ones that were cheaper but I wanted one which folded small.

blackwidow74 Sat 27-Dec-14 18:20:51

I bought mine 2nd hand like new and was gifted another which is like new ... In a society where pushchair addiction is a huge thing now you can pick up relatively cheaply prams that are only a few months old and had little to no use ... I have a Graco Sky travel system and another carrycot/pushchair and paid less than £100!

brererabbit Sat 27-Dec-14 21:13:53

I have a mothercare orb that I'm reusing with dc2. I've looked at other prams but none have lived up to it so far I couldn't live without it.

Topsyloulou Sat 27-Dec-14 22:21:08

I bought a Britax affinity from eBay for £200, would have been over £600 new. It's very easy to steer & changing between the pram / car seat & pushchair is simple & it folds down really easy.

cosmicglittergirl Sat 27-Dec-14 22:25:34

Mothercare Xpedia, £250 for travel system including a car seat which clips on and suitable from birth. I've seen them since at £200. Really big basket and easy to steer with a decent choice of colours. Couldn't fault it. Gutted I can't adapt it to fit my second baby (DD1 15 months, DD2 due March).

Bohemond Sat 27-Dec-14 22:33:06

My parents wanted to buy us a bugaboo (dad said it was like buying a lawn mower) but we went for the Oyster 2.

NoArmaniNoPunani Sat 27-Dec-14 22:37:08

I got a second hand Stokke for £200

TreadSoftlyOnMyDreams Sat 27-Dec-14 22:44:35

2nd hand! Our nanny (nwoc) bought a second hand P&T for £50, put new tyres on it and washed all the hood liners etc. It looks brand new and will go all the way to 3-4yrs. I feel like a total mug for not even considering a second hand pram for the pfb.

Tranquilitybaby Sun 28-Dec-14 01:41:47

Mamas & Papas Zoom is a really good price and I think ticks all your boxes.

EstRusMum Sun 28-Dec-14 02:18:21

I needed reversible handle, 4 wheels and lightweight. After toysrus discontinued Graco Symbio I was gutted, as I was planning to buy it - it was perfect.
Anyway, after researching I found that bugaboo cameleon has these options, so decided to find second hand on gumtree or ebay. But cameleon is a bit pricey even after 3 kids, so bought bugaboo frog instead. Full set except car seat cost me £120 and the pushchair is in pretty much perfect condition. It even had maxi cosi adapters and travel bag, so the only thing I had to buy was car seat and tbf I would've bought it new anyway. The full travel system cost me £214.
I have played with it for a bit already and am really pleased. It is much better than graco symbio.
My advice - search on ebay and do it every day. That way you won't miss a good deal, if it should come up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now