Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Question.

(10 Posts)
FirstTimeMum96 Sat 27-Dec-14 07:00:15

As I am only 5 weeks+2 days along in my pregnancy I'm worried I could be having twins as my boobs have already gone up a cup size and I have a small bump already!! Does anyone have advice? X

AuntieStella Sat 27-Dec-14 07:09:28

Congratulations!

It might be twins, it might be that you've got your dates wrong, or it might be bloat plus excitement.

Have you arranged your first MW appointment?

FirstTimeMum96 Sat 27-Dec-14 07:13:14

Thank you!! grin

Twins would be hectic! Especially for my first time. Although twins do run in my family and my partner is a twin.

I haven't yet I'm just not sure we're to start!

blackwidow74 Sat 27-Dec-14 11:47:14

Just give your gp surgery a call and ask for a midwife appointment smile she will decide then whether with your history to get you in for an early scan but it's not usually until 12 weeks when you will get to find out. In the meantime you could consider a private scan to check how many you are carrying but bloating is more common ... I had a huge bump at 6 weeks!!

SeverusEsq Sat 27-Dec-14 11:51:42

I was so bloated in the early days I thought I must be carrying twins. There are twins in my family too. I ended up having a small bump throughout my pregnancy and it wasn't until the last two months that I actually looked pregnant! It wasn't twins for me.

Daveface Sat 27-Dec-14 11:54:28

Good luck!

What's your family history of twins? It's fraternal twins that could be genetically linked (ie you are more likely to hyper ovulate) your partner being a twin has no impact on the likelihood that you will have twins though. It's fraternal twins in maternal line that's relevant for a family link.

mumxof3x Sat 27-Dec-14 11:56:34

With my first I went up a cupsize before id even missed a period and my friend asked me if I was pregnant before I knew I was pregnant, so both things are very normal, bump is usually bloat early on because uterus is tucked below the pubic bone for a while. But also very well could be if twins run in family, who knows smile congratulations by the way x

FirstTimeMum96 Sat 27-Dec-14 13:15:15

Thank you smile I will contact a gp and get an appointment sorted and once I know I will let you all know smile x

FirstTimeMum96 Sat 27-Dec-14 13:16:06

There is some twins in my family my brother is a twin and my mum had a twin but yeah smile

sianihedgehog Sat 27-Dec-14 13:27:42

I went up a full cup size by that point in my first pregnancy. My boobs were INSANE. The bump is probably just bloating at that stage though, even if it is twins, unless your dates are wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now