We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling first movements 3rd baby

(6 Posts)
Thelovecats Fri 26-Dec-14 23:04:34

Am probably just being paranoid, but I'm 15 +1 and not feeling anything. I know I was feeling definite movements by this stage last time. The placenta is not at the front so it can't be that. Can anyone reassure me? flowers

FATEdestiny Fri 26-Dec-14 23:07:44

I had DC4 13 weeks ago.

It was about 18 weeks before I got flutterings. 22 weeks before they were regular, obvious, 10+ per day movements.

For the early flutterings, much depends on how busy you are. If you find yourself sitting quietly all day every day for a week or so, maybe you might notice them earlier. If you have a busy life, it is easy to miss them until they become obvious.

ChocolateBiscuitCake Sat 27-Dec-14 07:53:39

Dc4 here - no movement till 19 weeks. I'm sure everything is fine smile

Thelovecats Sat 27-Dec-14 22:14:52

Thanks. You may be right about not sitting quietly enough to notice them- don't do much of that! I know that lots of people feel movements later than 15 odd weeks, but I am stillconcerned that I felt them much earlier last time. Have appt on Tuesday so will hopefully hear the heartbeat then to reassure me.

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Sat 27-Dec-14 22:30:12

15 weeks is very early. I still wasn't feeling DS at the 20 week scan. Placenta was posterior but DD2 was similar and she wasn't. smile

MotherOfInsomniacToddlers Sat 27-Dec-14 22:33:29

I'm pregnant with dc3 now (28 weeks) i wasn't getting much movement before 20weeks and not regular til 22-23. My second I could feel regularly from 11 weeks. I have a low lying placenta this time.....don't know if that makes a difference, anyway baby is all fine grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now