Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm 4ft 10 in age 10 clothes

(16 Posts)
TinyGem88 Fri 26-Dec-14 22:27:34

Just trying to find out if there are some small mummies out there who can give me some advice.

I'm not due to see the midwife until 2nd Jan (due to Christmas hols), so just trying to find out if there are any problems with being small or any advice and that kinda thing smile

Also I have been prescribed anti-sickness tablets from my doctor as I hadn't eaten for 4/5 days, went down to 5 stone 9, and kept throwing up. She said there has been no proven side effects harming the baby however someone at a family party told I shouldn't take them as they do cause problems, so now I'm a little worried :/

Meow75 Fri 26-Dec-14 22:38:17

The person at the family party - are they a health professional?!?!

littlequestion Fri 26-Dec-14 22:40:49

Hello, what are you worried about exactly? I'm the same height as you tho a little weightier...��. .I don't think my pregnancy was any different to anyone else's although I did seem to have a bigger bump I think. I'd heard giving birth was harder if you have small feet(!) but it was all fine. My babies were on the small side of normal (6 and a bit lb)

onthematleavecountdown Fri 26-Dec-14 22:46:25

Ignore advise unless it's from a gp midwife or obstetric consultant!

TinyGem88 Fri 26-Dec-14 22:50:18

She's had 6 children, and as this is my first, I am of course very caution.
And as it was a doctor and not a midwife, I wanted to see if anyone has had had any problems.

In regards to my size, the doctor was saying that its very unlikely I can carry to full term and she'd be surprised if I didn't have to have a C-Section.

My feet are 2 lol.

It's really just trying to find out more information because of waiting to see the midwife and a friend recommended people on here are very friendly and helpful smile

MistyMeena Fri 26-Dec-14 22:53:18

I'm not sure about the tablets but I wouldn't worry too much about being small, it doesn't necessarily cause problems. I'm 5ft, 7 stone, size 3 feet and have given birth twice, no c-section and both babies full term.

MistyMeena Fri 26-Dec-14 22:54:00

And both babies were around the 8lb mark!

TinyGem88 Fri 26-Dec-14 22:56:16

Thank you MistyMeena smile That's great to know.

Happilymarried155 Fri 26-Dec-14 23:58:49

I'm 5ft tall and normally a size 6/8 nothing has ever been mentioned that my pregnancy will be any different. I am now 33 weeks and apart from having a good size bump on me, which I think looks bigger because I'm so short everything has been fine. I did start to show quite early but that's it. A midwife told my cousin that your body wont make a baby you can't give birth too, my tiny cousin (even smaller than me) went on to have a 9lb 8oz without pain relief. You will be fine! As for the anti sickness tablets I would follow the advice of a medical practitioner, if you are worried try calling your midwife and asking her x

babyblabber Sat 27-Dec-14 07:16:50

The feet thing is rubbish. I'm 5ft 3, although not revealing my weight!

Anyway my feet are size 2.5-3 and my DS was 11lbs!

Patienceisapparentlyavirtue Sat 27-Dec-14 07:32:06

Just seconding what everyone else said here that your size will not necessarily determine how your pregnancy goes.

Most importantly though, modern anti-nausea medications have been taken for a long time without bad side effects - and with many brilliant side effects for women who would otherwise be very very ill, to the point of potentially risking the baby. People who haven't had severe morning sickness / HG really don't understand how bad it can get, even after 6 kids! Not eating for 4/5 days is far more dangerous than proven safe medications, prescribed by a doctor!

Please - my sister also tried not to use medications and ended up in hospital severely dehydrated and ill. They were not a total miracle cure for her but they took the edge off enough that she could function and could safely feed and hydrate herself and her baby - who is now a gifted and talented 8 year old!

naty1 Sat 27-Dec-14 08:47:37

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

purplemurple1 Sat 27-Dec-14 08:53:08

I'm 5 ft and dc1 was 6lb 10 and my bump measured a little small and people mostly couldn't tell I was preg tightrope the end as his head was fully down in my hips and uterous came quite high into my rib cage. Normally three pushes vaginal delivery a few days early.
Currently 36 weeks

SavoyCabbage Sat 27-Dec-14 09:00:30

I thought the same Tiny when I was pregnant. That I would not be able to give birth naturally as I was small but it's not the case at all and Ive had two natural births with babies that weighed average amounts.

BikeRunSki Sat 27-Dec-14 09:10:15

I can't comment on anything to do with size in pg, but I took anti sickness drugs for 3 months in both my pg, and my babies were perfectly normal.

mumxof3x Sat 27-Dec-14 11:06:38

My nans around 4ft 10, she used to be less then 6st and shes given birth 6 times naturally, all babies average size. I would say not to worry yet, if there is any concerns with the babys growth to your size they will most likely pick up on it as pregnancy progresses and put a plan into place.Also regarding the medication, do not take any advice from anyone other then your gp or midwife, plenty of people take anti sickness meds and have healthy babies smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now