Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pregnancy after mirena?

(13 Posts)
colourfulbear2012 Fri 26-Dec-14 17:55:05

hi all im new here!! grin grin
just needed a little bit of advice. i had my mirena out 18th November, 2 days after removal i had a heavy 5 day bleed. since then i have had nothing, which makes it 40 days. i took a test on 24th and there was a faint positive but it was really faint my partner can see it as well though! im gonna take another test tomorrow but has anyone fallen pregnant this fast after mirena removal?

OhMjh Fri 26-Dec-14 19:55:57

I fell pregnant a week after mine fell out without my knowing! Faint test but currently cuddling 4 week old daughter smile Congratulations!

colourfulbear2012 Fri 26-Dec-14 20:13:06

oh wow!! i didn't know how long it would take but then i got the faint positive but with my daughter the positive was so strong you couldn't miss it! i will be taking another test either tomorrow or sunday which hopefully is a bit stronger positive!! i only took the test because of going so long without a period! congrats on your little one though!! xxx

dillydollydarling Fri 26-Dec-14 22:21:33

I got my bfp just 7 weeks after having my mirena out. I didn't ovulate the first cycle after having it out, so pretty much got pregnant first go!

laurenamium Fri 26-Dec-14 23:06:49

I got pregnant so soon after I had my Mirena out that my due date works out that I conceived the day it came out grin withdrawal bleed for 3 hours, no periods and pregnant straight away! Currently 23 weeks pregnant!

mum2benicole Sat 27-Dec-14 08:49:39

I had mine out 23rd of July I fell 3weeks after im now 20 weeks same 5 day bleed then nothing
Good luck xc

mum2benicole Sat 27-Dec-14 08:51:58

PS it dont matter how faint the positive line is as mine u could hardly see I was 3 weeks when I found out and had a scan every 2 wewks to show the growth of the pregnancy so if its the faintest of line then its positive :-) xx

18yearstooold Sat 27-Dec-14 08:55:37

I got pregnant pretty much as soon as it was taken out

colourfulbear2012 Sat 27-Dec-14 17:05:57

Thanks for all the positive stories everyone! i read some horror stories after having it out, of people not getting periods for 3 months plus! i would love to be pregnant now but not getting my hopes up til i test again. smile fingers crossed i will update when i find out though!

colourfulbear2012 Sat 27-Dec-14 17:59:36

This is a picture of the faint what i think is bfp! What do you ladies think? ( now i figured out how to add a picture haha)

SoonToBeSix Sat 27-Dec-14 18:01:25

I can see a line looks positive as long as it was within the time frame. Congrats.

colourfulbear2012 Sat 27-Dec-14 18:03:14

soontobesix i noticed it as soon as i had taken the test but was just worried i was seeing things haha!!

colourfulbear2012 Sun 28-Dec-14 14:44:48

Updatee
I was going to take a test tomorrow AM but i bought a 2 pack and caved at dinner... i bought answer tests as they were on offer ;) ill attach a picture but again the line is faint but these tests do pick up less hormone than the other i took these are 100 mIU/ml whereas the other was 25mIU/ml so again can you see the line or am i going crazy!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now