Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maybe im loosing the plot

(6 Posts)
Aley009 Wed 24-Dec-14 10:40:54

Basically I had a c section a week ago (unplanned baby breach - unaware )
When leaving the hosp I was given the blood thinner injections to prevent blood clots but now I have ran out of the Corse they give , I am freakinf out and worrying im going to get a blood clot.
I lost my SIL to a blood clot totally unrelated to pregnancy and she was in a lot of pain for a long time but too stubborn to get her leg checked out Until it was too late and she died suddenly at 44. Im 25 and at the tkme it really effected me and I started to get major blood clot anxiety. This went away after a while but now I know blood clots are more possible after a c section im just getting worried.
I do try to get about and j was walking around the same day as my op so i haven't been in bed rest . I feel ok in myself and my blood pressure etc seems to be ok on checks.
Has anyone else had this worry and is there anything I can do ?

Stripylikeatiger Wed 24-Dec-14 10:53:16

I'm sorry to hear about your sil and congratulations on your new babyflowers

I was a bit worried about blood clots as I have a family history of clots on both sides of my family, I went to a+e once when pregnant and once about 4 days after birth, I had a pain in my leg so they did an ultrasound and luckily it was not a clot. I'd just stay aware and go in if you have pain somewhere unexpected.

I found my anxiety levels were unusually high generally in the weeks following birth.

espa Wed 24-Dec-14 16:51:08

If you've taken the 7 day course they've given you then that's fine - shouldn't be any need to take more especially if you are up and about.

PrincessOfChina Wed 24-Dec-14 16:56:49

As long as you've had the course you needed you should be fine. Did they also advise support stockings? I wore flight socks for a while after I stopped with those.

Aley009 Sat 27-Dec-14 10:38:59

I just had the stockings on for alittle after surgery then they took them off but I havant worn any at home

Mrsgentle2014 Sat 27-Dec-14 10:52:56

So sorry to hear about your SIL - in many ways, the best way to look at it is that you are so much more aware of symptoms to look out for, you are already ahead of the game and therefore at a reduced risk of further complications!
They prescribed you a course of injections - you finished those, which is a blessing because you'd be surprised by how many people don't! So you are already on your road to recovery... If you are that concerned, buy some flight socks, but I think you are doing marvellously as you are smile

Congratulations on baby, just spend this time enjoying your time with them, you are fine smile xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now