Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding in pregnancy when taking aspirin?

(5 Posts)
Dottydadoo Wed 24-Dec-14 06:20:22

I've had 2 mc in last 12 month and am now 11 weeks pregnant with DC3. I've had scans at 7 and 9 weeks which show everything is ok.

Due to borderline clotting disorder, I've been advised to take baby aspirin which I have been doing since 4 weeks pregnancy. I've woken up this morning (today of all days!) to very slight bleeding - red blood which has completely freaked me out.

I know that bleeding in pregnancy in very common but the only time I've had this is when I've miscarried. Could it be the aspirin?? I know miscarriage is a possibility but I just need to know there might be some hope [sad]

Number3cometome Wed 24-Dec-14 09:31:30

Best thing to do is call EPAU and get yourself a scan as reassurance.

Is it heavy bleeding or just spotting?

Could be anything, but best to get it checked, don't panic yet x

Tranquilitybaby Wed 24-Dec-14 09:45:08

Ring EPU straight away and see what they say. Thinking of you x

Dottydadoo Wed 24-Dec-14 15:37:25

Thank you for your kind responses. Had a bit of nightmare at epau - they wouldn't scan me as couldn't fit me in after quite a lot of messing about.
Have ended up paying for private scan as couldn't bear going through Christmas worrying - all is fine thank goodness. Just a little bleed but not affecting baby.
Happy Christmas smile

Tranquilitybaby Thu 25-Dec-14 00:09:46

Brilliant news, what a relief! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now