Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Bleeding in pregnancy when taking aspirin?

(5 Posts)
Dottydadoo Wed 24-Dec-14 06:20:22

I've had 2 mc in last 12 month and am now 11 weeks pregnant with DC3. I've had scans at 7 and 9 weeks which show everything is ok.

Due to borderline clotting disorder, I've been advised to take baby aspirin which I have been doing since 4 weeks pregnancy. I've woken up this morning (today of all days!) to very slight bleeding - red blood which has completely freaked me out.

I know that bleeding in pregnancy in very common but the only time I've had this is when I've miscarried. Could it be the aspirin?? I know miscarriage is a possibility but I just need to know there might be some hope [sad]

Number3cometome Wed 24-Dec-14 09:31:30

Best thing to do is call EPAU and get yourself a scan as reassurance.

Is it heavy bleeding or just spotting?

Could be anything, but best to get it checked, don't panic yet x

Tranquilitybaby Wed 24-Dec-14 09:45:08

Ring EPU straight away and see what they say. Thinking of you x

Dottydadoo Wed 24-Dec-14 15:37:25

Thank you for your kind responses. Had a bit of nightmare at epau - they wouldn't scan me as couldn't fit me in after quite a lot of messing about.
Have ended up paying for private scan as couldn't bear going through Christmas worrying - all is fine thank goodness. Just a little bleed but not affecting baby.
Happy Christmas smile

Tranquilitybaby Thu 25-Dec-14 00:09:46

Brilliant news, what a relief! X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: