Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nausea.....

(14 Posts)
alovelycuppatea Mon 22-Dec-14 19:40:41

Urgh! Feel grim! What's the best way to deal with it? Am contemplating making myself sick in the hope I'll feel better after...does that work? I know that usually works with a terrible hangover but this morning sickness thing is new to me... 6+6 and been feeling a grim for a few days now sad

ClariceBeanthatsme Mon 22-Dec-14 19:56:10

7+1 here, morning sickness kicked inin my 6th week as it always does (this is DC3) I am yet to find anything to massively help but for me really cold drinks, fruit and fruit sweets like pastilles help.
Actually being sick does help it gives maybe a minute or 2 relief before it comes back but not a good idea to force it smile
With my previous 2 pregnancies the sickness lifted in week 14. I just woke up and felt actually human again.

WrappedInABlankie Mon 22-Dec-14 20:25:56

You have my sympathies 14+1 and still going strong for me. I'm on anti-sickness tablets for it

They do work if you get the good ones though

WrappedInABlankie Mon 22-Dec-14 20:26:45

You have my sympathies 14+1 and still going strong for me. I'm on anti-sickness tablets for it

They do work if you get the good ones though

AlpacaYourThings Mon 22-Dec-14 20:35:18

You ave my sympathies, too.

16+1 and I am still being sick every morning and nauseous for most of the day.

AlpacaYourThings Mon 22-Dec-14 20:35:27

You have my sympathies, too.

16+1 and I am still being sick every morning and nauseous for most of the day.

Roseylee20 Mon 22-Dec-14 20:46:30

Sympathy with you all! In currently 23 weeks and had bad 24/7 nausea and sickness up until 15 weeks, it then disappeared and then returned vaguely around 16/17 weeks and have only been sick once or twice since then! Nausea was very bad resulting in me having nearly 3 weeks off from work. Everything was a struggle, I couldn't even stand up for long enough to hang a piece of washing on the airer! It does get better (hopefully for you all!) I really thought I was going to be one of those people that has sickness all re way through! You look back and wonder how you managed day to day things but you will get there! X

BikeRunSki Mon 22-Dec-14 20:49:30

Pregnancy Sickness Support

Roseylee20 Mon 22-Dec-14 20:50:50

Sorry there was no constructive advice in there whatsoever! I haven't much to offer as no remedies particularly worked for me! Things I tried which did ease the nausea slightly at times were ... Wearing 2 sea bands on each wrist, hard boiled sweets (lemon flavour), keeping crackers/cheese biscuits by the side of the bed ready to snack on in the morning. I will try to post more when I think of them! X

LIG1979 Mon 22-Dec-14 22:03:47

I found b6 helped but had to take 10 mg about 5 times a day. Also, eating through it with yellow greasy carbs - it was tough at times but if I didn't eat I felt sicker. (Put on 12 lbs by 12 weeks in this pregnancy and 10 lbs in the one before shock ) Sleeping as much as I could as I didn't feel sick whilst I was asleep and for a lovely 10 seconds or so after I woke up. Also, if I slept more I didn't feel so bad. Drinking lots of fluid too particularly lemonade or bitter drinks. I also found metoclopramide from the Dr helped but did give me really bad jaw ache (but that was better than sickness.)

Having said that it all helped but I still felt rough! hope you feel better soon.

LIG1979 Mon 22-Dec-14 22:04:41

forgot the sea sickness bands - they helped this time but not with my previous pregnancy. If I took them off to shower I felt awful within a few minutes.

hopefull2424 Tue 23-Dec-14 05:27:35

In sat up on bed having been woke up by nausea I'm 10 weeks today. Nothing much is working for me. Sleep was helping as I didn't feel ill whilst asleep but that's changed in the last few days.
I have the odd day where I feel normal then bang it hits me again like this morning. Keeping my fingers crossed that relief is only a few weeks away x

Bustherb Tue 23-Dec-14 08:28:25

I'm 12 weeks today and still suffering with sickness but I did buy sickness bands yesterday and I don't know whether it's psychological or its because I'm starting my second trimester but I feel lots lots better so who cares if it's psychological winkwink my dr did prescribe cyclizine but I've reluctant to take them so haven't even picked the prescription up xxx

alovelycuppatea Tue 23-Dec-14 10:54:59

Thanks ladies. So sorry to see so many of us are suffering. My dh found this thing on you tube last night which was some kind of weird buzzing noise which is supposed to change your brain wave patterns and reduce nausea. I was totally sceptical but after about 10 mins it totally helped. It's a bit of an annoyance at first but you het uses to it. I was quite amazed (admit it might have been some kind of placebo but who cares! I felt like I'd gotten off the boat!). Will see if I can find a link when I get home from work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now