Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Found out I'm pregnant ... emergency scan

(12 Posts)
Leasa21 Mon 22-Dec-14 14:30:28

Found out I was pregnant yesterday and had an emergemcy Drs apointment because I was panicking over the fact I was getting a pain every time I sneezed etc (stupid I lnow) either way she referred me to the emergency gynaecology department and I've just had a scan etc and at the moment I'm 4ish weeks along and they said they can see the sack etc and everything looks fine and it won't be until 2 weeks time that we'll be able to see a baby etc.

Only thing is I just can't stop worrying. 2 weeks seems like such a long time to wait. Has anyone else been through this? Just keep worrying something bad will happen x

Swanny84 Mon 22-Dec-14 14:38:50

When I had my scan at 4-5 weeks I had an empty sack and had to wait 3 weeks. Went fri and saw a little baby with a good heartbeat. Was a really long 3 weeks and I done a pregnancy test the week before to try reassure myself. If no bleeding, try not to worry, hopefully all will be ok xx

Leasa21 Mon 22-Dec-14 14:43:12

Thank you smile that's what they said, that it was just a little sack atm but was good for 4-5 weeks. She said theirs a 3 item check list or something and I've already ticked two of them and in 2 weeks when the fetus is there it will be all three. Ever since I seen the positive sign though I've just been so worried. In some ways I wish I hadn't took the test and found out later on smile x

Swanny84 Mon 22-Dec-14 14:46:35

I think I would have preferred to find out a bit later too but honestly mine was an empty sack, couldn't see the yolk or anything and baby was there clear as day 3 weeks later. Christmas will keep you occupied a bit so hopefully 2 weeks will fly by xxx

cookielove Mon 22-Dec-14 14:47:55

Hello, congratulations smile

In the grand scheme of things two weeks is nothing although it might not seem that way to you now!

Unfortunately there is not much they can do at this point but monitor you and in two weeks time they should be able to see the baby and hb. Which will be great.

Just try and keep busy and it will be here soon. smile

Littledragon13 Mon 22-Dec-14 16:03:40

I found out when I was 4 weeks pregnant (I'm 11 now) and I did nothing but worry, my scan isn't until I'm 13 weeks and I thought this was far too long to wait but it's actually come round pretty quickly

Littledragon13 Mon 22-Dec-14 16:04:55

I've also had terrible cramping and pulling pains but I keep being told that this is completely normal x

Jackiebrambles Mon 22-Dec-14 16:08:22

The pain when sneezing is normal
Btw. It's to do with your uterus stretching etc. I'm 13 weeks and have been getting them since early on and still get them now if I cough, sneeze or get up too quickly.

Had them with my first baby too.

Congratulations!

Leasa21 Mon 22-Dec-14 21:20:34

Ah that's good! At least I'm not going mad and most these things are normal lol x

Mrscog Mon 22-Dec-14 21:31:08

Yeah it's probably round ligament pain (look it up), the main serious thing that would hurt at this point is an ectopic and they've ruled that out now, so really try and relax smile

juneavrile Tue 23-Dec-14 14:32:18

You're really lucky to be getting the additional scan at 6 weeks. Most people have to wait til 12 when you get the routine nuchal scan.

Get used to the anxiety between appointments because after 12 week the next is at 20 and that seems soooo long.

Good luck

SilverStars Tue 23-Dec-14 14:42:38

Most people do not have a scan before 12 weeks or perhaps 7/8 if they go private so sounds normal. If you can think that if gp had not referred you then you would have not known what stage of pregnancy you see what. When you get to about 8 weeks pregnant you can have your NHS booking in appointment and see a midwife and she can book your 12 week scan for you and answer any questions you have then as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now