Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Severe Pneumonia 31 weeks

(8 Posts)
blankfornames Mon 22-Dec-14 06:17:01

Hi just wondering if anyone has been in my situation before and could offer some reassuring advise. I'm in isolation in high dependancy unit with severe pnuemonia. My stats are weak and chance 31week baby may be delivered today. have been given 2 steroid shots.
Any advice welcome!

JennyBlueWren Mon 22-Dec-14 11:52:38

No advice but sympathy flowers and best wishes.

NoRoomForALittleOne Mon 22-Dec-14 12:03:51

No advice but you are in the best possible place and 31 weeks is a good gestation especially after steroids. It will be easier to treat you when you aren't pregnant and it is important that you get the treatment that you need flowers

CrispyFern Mon 22-Dec-14 12:11:40

31 weeks is good and you've had two steroid injections which is great.

You wouldn't generally expect any big complications at that stage so focus on getting better yourself, don't worry about baby.

Best of luck. X

beno57 Mon 22-Dec-14 16:46:03

Good luck!

Onthemountain Mon 22-Dec-14 16:50:22

Good luck

minceypie Tue 23-Dec-14 06:26:25

Hope you are improving. Sending hugs.

I've no advice but thinking you could re-post in Chat for traffic as there's a chance someone on there has past experience.

blankfornames Tue 23-Dec-14 18:30:56

Thanks ladies. it has knocked me for 6 and will be in hospital for a week but had a healthy happy scan earlier and no problems there at all. They are resistant little creatures!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now