Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Next baby clothes sizing?

(25 Posts)
Tranquilitybaby Mon 22-Dec-14 00:25:38

Would you but newborn or upto one month? My previous babies were 8-9 lbs. thanks

Pico2 Mon 22-Dec-14 00:29:53

I'm wondering the same. DD was 2 weeks late, 7 lb 5 oz but too long for newborn clothes, so straight into 0-3 (we didn't have up to 1 month available). This baby will be 3 weeks earlier so I've no idea what to expect. I'd like to stock up in the Next sale.

Happy36 Mon 22-Dec-14 00:30:13

My daughter is 3 and a half now. When she was born we were given quite a few dresses, babygros, etc. from Next and they were all enormous. Some of them I ended up giving away unworn as she missed the right season to wear them. If nothing has changed recently then their sizes might still be on the large side.

SoonToBeSix Mon 22-Dec-14 00:32:01

Yes next baby clothes are huge, they fit far bigger babies than the weight they claim to.

FoxSticks Mon 22-Dec-14 00:33:45

My daughter was 7lb 3oz and was in new born for around a month I think. Ds was 9lb 12oz and none of the new born stuff fitted him. It's difficult to know until they are here and you know how big they are.

katandkits Mon 22-Dec-14 00:36:20

The up to one month size was perfect for both of my 7-8 lb longish babies. The newborn size wouldn't have fitted very long if at all.

applecore0317 Mon 22-Dec-14 05:28:00

I bought some newborn vests recently and they are tiny, I thought they had sent me the ones for 5lbs babies instead, the babygrows looked bigger though.

WishUponAStar88 Mon 22-Dec-14 05:41:15

I had a 9lb baby and as she was predicted to be heavy we only bought 0-3. She wore them straight away but it probably took about 3 weeks before they really fitted her (so about 10lbs). Some friends bought her newborn which fit beautifully but only for about a fortnight so it's a lot to pay for just a couple of weeks wear! Fwiw she is now well over 13 lb and still In 0-3 so they get lent of wear out of that size!

Gerberama Mon 22-Dec-14 05:54:31

DS2 is 6 weeks and just started wearing his 0-3 month clothes. He was 8lbs 10 when he was born and the newborn clothes only fitted for the first couple of weeks, so he's mainly been in up to one month stuff

Gerberama Mon 22-Dec-14 05:56:03

Oh and as for their sizing I actually find that the next stuff is always the smallest!

mrsnec Mon 22-Dec-14 06:01:30

My dd has a lot of stuff from next. Just as a comparison she also has stuff from Asda and the blue zoo range at debenhams. The Asda stuff is similar but the blue zoo stuff a lot smaller. Dd is nearly 3 months and 5.5 kg.

Some of the vests from next say up to 5 kg on the 0-3 size and I still think she's got wear in them! She's wearing a mix of 0-3 and 3-6 sizes and she's over 60cm so she's quite long.

I had both sizes and was glad I did.

MistAndAWeepingRain Mon 22-Dec-14 06:10:04

I think Next stuff is huge. My newborns swam in their 0-3 babygrows. They were both just under 7lbs and needed Next Tiny Baby for a while.

Awakeagain Mon 22-Dec-14 06:19:03

I find next baby grows to be good for sizing, one of the last to be grown out of
Ds1 was 8lb and had up to 1 month for maybe 3-4 weeks and ds2 was 9lb 6 and wore them for a few weeks (we only had them as we had them for ds1 and saved them)

Tranquilitybaby Mon 22-Dec-14 07:09:22

I think I might go for upto 1 month then instead of newborn then. Thank you!

IShallCallYouSquishy Mon 22-Dec-14 09:09:11

I find babygros come up quite big. DD was in 0-3 at 6 months! She was very slow to grow though.

DS grew out 0-3 at just about 4 months. He's comfortable in his 6-9 now at 10 months but will be in 9-12 soon I think. He's only a 9th centile baby though! DD is 2.7 and still fits in some 12-18 next stuff blush

CurlyLocks87 Mon 22-Dec-14 09:16:21

I have found Next smallish made, my son was 6lbs at birth and wore Next newborn for the first month or so, the newborn stuff was smaller than some of the tiny baby stuff we had. My son is 7 months so this recently. Hth

Zahrah5 Mon 22-Dec-14 09:41:36

I have bought last week sleepers from Next in First size and Up to 1 month size, there is huge difference in lenght of the legs.

I am debating whether to return the First size for Up to 1 month.

I would like to have some nice sleepers for when the baby is born, I have read they dont look that nice in bigger sizes.

Next sleepsuits are so nice, so much detail on them, really fancy.

Pico2 Mon 22-Dec-14 12:54:07

I'm aiming to get stuff from next in the sale this week. I'm not sure that I'll be allowed to exchange it when our baby artives at the end of Jan. Any ideas?

Zahrah5 Mon 22-Dec-14 16:28:53

Pico2 is there going to be some sale on baby items? Do you know when it starts?

Pico2 Mon 22-Dec-14 17:09:07

I'm signed up for a slot in the VIP sale tomorrow for Next. I was able to go on and look at what was available yesterday, but not to buy at the sale prices. I assume there will be a general sale from Boxing Day.

CakeMakesMeHappy Mon 22-Dec-14 17:12:48

My DD is little but was still in the next newborn at 11 weeks. Fitted her comfortably until about 10lbs. She's now 5 months (about 14lb) and mostly in 3-6 months clothes (which are huge on her) but still wearing Next 0-3 vests, I don't think she has an especially short body but they still have growing room.

Tranquilitybaby Mon 22-Dec-14 20:16:32

I've ordered lots in different sizes from the next vip sale woo hoo.

Pico2 Mon 22-Dec-14 20:34:36

Have you worked out what you will do with anything too small?

Tranquilitybaby Tue 23-Dec-14 19:58:32

I haven't ordered newborn so I should be ok as upto 1 month is upto 10lbs I think.

OhTheDrama Wed 24-Dec-14 14:20:41

My last baby was 9lbs 3ozs and went straight into 0-3, that was over 6yrs ago and they seem to have messed about with the sizes since then. I have bought some next 0-3 sleepsuits and held them up against the next 0-3 I had for my daughter and they are much bigger! With that in mind I have gone with up to 1 month size but not got too much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now