Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mucus Plug?

(6 Posts)
Chloelou31 Sun 21-Dec-14 18:49:07

Hiya guys, i'm 40+1 weeks today & had my first sweep yesterday about 2pm. I had some light pink blood about 3 hrs after which i know is meant to be normal (only lasted about an hour!) Today i've been having some sticky, thick, brown discharge and had a big blob in the toilet after i went for a wee (sorry if tmi) do you think this is my plug coming away or just me wishful thinking? I have had some period type cramping too but they come and go very irregular .. TIA! grin

RumoursOfAWhiteChristmas Sun 21-Dec-14 21:29:38

It sounds like your plug, was snotty - like?

lisaloulou84 Sun 21-Dec-14 21:52:32

Sounds like the plug.... But don't get your hopes up, my DS was still forced out at 41+6 and I had the same after my first sweep on my due date. Despite being 3cm dilated, even 4 sweeps didn't budge him!

marymouse Sun 21-Dec-14 22:25:23

Sounds promising!
(although I lost my plug three weeks before ds made an appearance)

espa Sun 21-Dec-14 22:28:30

To give you a different view I don't think I lost mine before labour (or even during, that I was aware of though I ended up with an EMCS).

Chloelou31 Mon 22-Dec-14 10:23:19

Was deffo my plug, had some more yesterday evening! All twinges and pains have disappeared today though, soooo fed up of this waiting game now!! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now