Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

37 weeks - looking for a bit of reassurance...

(5 Posts)
DaphneMoon1 Sun 21-Dec-14 16:44:01

Hi, I am 37 weeks today. This will be our first baby.

I finished work last week but haven't had much time to relax as we moved house last week. Lots to be done, and with Christmas impending it has been quite a stressful time. My husband wants me to relax a lot more than I have been, but I don't want him to shoulder the whole burden of the move by himself and so I've been pitching in as much as I can. So far I think I have coped pretty well. I am not yet ready for the baby though- still very unprepared!! Thought if I could just see Christmas out, I can turn my full attention to baby prep!

However, last night and today I have been feeling pretty awful. I haven't been sleeping well at all the past few nights, and I am tired. I'm also very very tearful and angry and hormonal (mood swings haven't really affected me much during this pregnancy but have been really awful over the past day or two). I am also having a constant, dull pain from hip to hip, like period pain or trapped wind. Braxton hicks every so often but no "contractions" as such. Feel a bit nauseous and a lot of discharge (sorry) but no plug or show so far.

Husband thinks I've overdone it and I have been banished to bed with a cup of tea and instructions to get some sleep but I'm slightly worried things are beginning to kick off. Does this sound feasible? If so, I don't have time to be lying around!

Baby is still kicking away like he usually does, all up one side. I know head is engaged but haven't had much in the way of pelvic pressure etc. I just don't know what to think! Don't want to call in quite yet in case they think I'm a nutjob...

NaiceNickname Sun 21-Dec-14 16:49:36

It wouldn't be unheard of for you labour to start now. Try a nice relaxing hot bath and some paracetamol, if that doesn't ease the pains and braxton hicks then definitely give your midwife at least a call. They won't think you're mad smile

SmallBee Sun 21-Dec-14 16:51:09

Definitely listen to your husband & take it easy for a bit. You won't be able to once your baby is here. Maybe ask him to bring you the laptop and lie in bed doing baby shopping/research online?

Never feel like you can't call the midwives, it's exactly what they're there for.

lanbro Sun 21-Dec-14 16:55:41

Just relax, whatever is going to happen will happen! Dd1 came at 37.3, was totally unprepared but it didn't matter, you'll cope! Good luck x

TheScenicRoute Sun 21-Dec-14 17:06:36

I tend to get a good day and feel invincible and over do things... Then I suffer for days afterwards, yet I don't seem to learn!

You do sound like I do when I've over done it.

Do rest, what's the worst that can happen if baby comes early? So the nursery won't be perfect, but I presume baby is sleeping with you at first anyway? So basically the nursery doesn't need to be perfect before baby arrives.

Why not spend your time in bed writing shopping lists for the things you haven't already bought.... Make them fool proof, or buy them online now.
Write lists for what needs to be done.

Perfection is great, but health is more important. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now