Advanced search

Cot Mattress Safety Concerns, you're thoughts appreciated.

(7 Posts)
TheScenicRoute Sun 21-Dec-14 16:42:33

I've bought two Mothercare Cot beds from ebay for my twins, both look in excellent condition, I am not concerned about the cots themselves.

In the instructions for the cots it advises to buy 140x70cm cot mattresses and this is the standard size that Mothercare sell. However I had done lots research and finally plumped on some mattresses from Argos, which even better turn out to be reduced in! Problem is they are 140x69cm.

Would that 1cm (I.e. 1/2cm either side) be of cause for concern for you?

If I went to Mothercare for the exact stated size I'd have to compromise on the type of mattress I could afford, whereas I can have exactly what I researched and felt was right for us if I go with Argos.

SweepTheHalls Sun 21-Dec-14 16:43:28

Not a worry at all grin

BingBongSongEveryDamnDay Sun 21-Dec-14 16:44:22

That's fine.

Wigeon Sun 21-Dec-14 16:46:12

Not a worry. Are these your first DC? fgrin

TheScenicRoute Sun 21-Dec-14 16:54:44

Wigeon, that made me giggle. I take it there's a little hint of sarcasm there? Lol.

Yes they are our first. X

Thanks for your replies smile

woodwaj Sun 21-Dec-14 22:18:50

I put my cot up today. I glanced at the do's and donts and did notice a gap up to 3cm is considered fine. Id go for your bargain!

Wigeon Mon 22-Dec-14 09:00:18

There may have been the teeniest hint of sarcasm there...fgrin Just wait til the twins are here and there is a whole world of things to worry about!!

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy fsmile (not sarcastic this time! )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now