Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cot Mattress Safety Concerns, you're thoughts appreciated.

(7 Posts)
TheScenicRoute Sun 21-Dec-14 16:42:33

I've bought two Mothercare Cot beds from ebay for my twins, both look in excellent condition, I am not concerned about the cots themselves.

In the instructions for the cots it advises to buy 140x70cm cot mattresses and this is the standard size that Mothercare sell. However I had done lots research and finally plumped on some mattresses from Argos, which even better turn out to be reduced in price...bingo! Problem is they are 140x69cm.

Would that 1cm (I.e. 1/2cm either side) be of cause for concern for you?

If I went to Mothercare for the exact stated size I'd have to compromise on the type of mattress I could afford, whereas I can have exactly what I researched and felt was right for us if I go with Argos.

???

SweepTheHalls Sun 21-Dec-14 16:43:28

Not a worry at all grin

BingBongSongEveryDamnDay Sun 21-Dec-14 16:44:22

That's fine.

Wigeon Sun 21-Dec-14 16:46:12

Not a worry. Are these your first DC? fgrin

TheScenicRoute Sun 21-Dec-14 16:54:44

Wigeon, that made me giggle. I take it there's a little hint of sarcasm there? Lol.

Yes they are our first. X

Thanks for your replies smile

woodwaj Sun 21-Dec-14 22:18:50

I put my cot up today. I glanced at the do's and donts and did notice a gap up to 3cm is considered fine. Id go for your bargain!

Wigeon Mon 22-Dec-14 09:00:18

There may have been the teeniest hint of sarcasm there...fgrin Just wait til the twins are here and there is a whole world of things to worry about!!

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy fsmile (not sarcastic this time! )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now