Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Weak bladder in second pregnancy

(5 Posts)
Christelle2207 Sun 21-Dec-14 07:48:27

Did ok with my first pregnancy but suffered with weak bladder after ds was born. Combination of time and PFEs made it tolerable. Got pg again after just after a year. Really suffering again feels like I am leaking small amounts constantly (sorry tmi!) and am only 19 weeks.
Does this sound normal and will PFEs help/are they advisable if pg?
TIA grin

tilder Sun 21-Dec-14 07:58:02

From memory pelvic floor exercises are supposed to be done routinely, every day. If they aren't enough though and you are leaking u would have a chat with a sympathetic gp. Good luck!

mum2benicole Sun 21-Dec-14 13:58:11

Im 19 weeks with child number 2 I had weak bladder after my 1st and is worse now with 2nd pelvic floor exercises didn't work at all but my doctor said that after this child I would have to see physo who will concentrateon building up the muscle to stop any leaks but till then tithe case of waiting till baby's born and wear the thin liners not the best but could be worse xx

happybunny2014 Sun 21-Dec-14 21:59:52

I'm the same OP! I've been bad with it since about 12 weeks preg, mostly when I sneeze, so I've stocked up on pantyliners and am seeing midwife next week. It's not uncommon to go through this but I'd speak to a professional!
I'm sure PFE's are fine during preg and I seem to remember being encouraged to do them by midwife during my first pregnancy. Best bet is have a chat with gp or midwife and see what they say!

Christelle2207 Mon 22-Dec-14 09:58:15

Thanks for reassurance. Have started pfes again in ernest.
Have mw next week anyway and will mention to her before embarrassing myself with the gp.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now