Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

37.2 weeks, when do i get my energy burst?

(18 Posts)
AlwaysLurking38 Sun 21-Dec-14 07:48:14

Apparently any day now I should get an energy burst and start nesting. When will this happen? I'm just tired all the time at the minute.

Even if I manage to get a full nights sleep ( rare ) I'm still knakkered.

Don't much fancy 3 more weeks of being this tired, isn't fun at all.

OhMjh Sun 21-Dec-14 10:28:23

I hate to say it but 35 weeks to 42 weeks, I was a human slug. I did get nesting, but 1 room at a time and a nap afterwards.

AlwaysLurking38 Sun 21-Dec-14 11:10:35

Oh dear. I was hoping you'd say in the next few days lol!

larryphilanddave Sun 21-Dec-14 13:10:37

With DC1, never! With DC2, it hit me at 39wks. Whizzed through the whole place in about 2-3 days, doing DIY and all sorts, as well as organising, decluttering and cleaning. I was quite pleased about that grin was promptly replaced by constant tiredness again

LittleBearPad Sun 21-Dec-14 13:11:59

Energy burst? I too was a human slug.

Racheyg Sun 21-Dec-14 22:48:55

Hi, I got my energy burst at 34 and I went to glastonbury at 36 weeks. Started nesting at 37 weeks baby boy came at 38 weeks.

Everyone is different thou, have you given up work yet? X

ItIsSmallerOnTheOutside Sun 21-Dec-14 22:51:24

It never happened to me!

BiscuitsofYum Sun 21-Dec-14 22:51:37

5 days overdue and still waiting! I have a few little bits and bobs to do still and was counting on a burst.. I think this like the glow is something im missing out on!

I'll send you some good vibes though x

ArchangelGallic Sun 21-Dec-14 22:53:00

My DD is almost 4 and I'm still waiting!

furcoatbigknickers Sun 21-Dec-14 22:53:14

Never if you are me

EstRusMum Mon 22-Dec-14 01:48:35

Also 37+2 and just want to sleep all the time. Actually hoping to go to labour early, as I am fed up. I can't even get out of bed without old person's moan.
I do hope that I will get my energy burst just before Christmas, so I could cook without stopping.
With my first I got it at 39 weeks, if I remember correctly. And I had him at 39+3. So 3 days before birth.

stolemyusername Mon 22-Dec-14 02:02:30

With DD2 it kicked in with insomnia around 2am, DD1 woke at 7.30 and I was knackered again grin

AlwaysLurking38 Mon 22-Dec-14 05:56:47

Oh no. I wanted loads of positive stories! My mum said she was this tired the week running up to having her babies. I hope I'm the same!

Estrusmum I feel the exact same. I'm considering taking some castor oil at 38 weeks if baby hasn't arrived by then. I've enjoyed this pregnancy but I'm just fed up now. I can't be doing with being this tired.

Doesn't help matters that I've been waking up every two hours! Not always because I need a wee either! Maybe its my body preparing me for the baby.

TallulahTwinkletoes Mon 22-Dec-14 05:58:21

When they're 18 and the fuckers have moved out!

furcoatbigknickers Mon 22-Dec-14 06:16:22

Don't take caster oil op, you will have an upset stomach on top of being heavil up duffed.

AlwaysLurking38 Mon 22-Dec-14 06:19:44

Yeah I read that it would be the effect lol. But apparently after that, its meant to kick start labour. I'm only considering it because I'm so fed up. But Friday is 4 days away, I could potentially get my eneglrgy burst then. Fingers crossed

furcoatbigknickers Mon 22-Dec-14 08:51:55

Imagine being in labour with the runsshock i think fed up preferable!

Jodie1982 Mon 22-Dec-14 09:40:05

I only ever got the nesting instinct in my 1st pregnancy, as that was an easy pregnancy, my other 3 pregnancies I was in too much pain with SPD, even though I really wanted to get stuck in I just couldn't, same with my pregnancy now really sad so much to do but no energy n too much pain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now