Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Painful BH... 37+3... Talk to meh !

(10 Posts)
Keepontrudging Sat 20-Dec-14 19:11:13

I have had these (painful ones) for about 2 weeks, getting more painful in the last few days, though not agonising or anything! Just very crampy... I also have constant lower backache (tailbone area). I am wondering if this could this be pre labour? With my dd I had this for a day or two then labour started! (Though it eventually failed to progress and I was induced) I am just sort of hoping I suppose, that all this discomfort is surely my body gearing up for something sooner as opposed to later iyswim. I don't want to have to wait another 3 weeks ... With this going on all the while! I am hoping I will be having a baby in the next week... Though I know it doesn't always go that way. Anyone experienced similar? If so fr how long before labour began? Thanks all!

Roxie85 Sat 20-Dec-14 22:22:12

I had painful bh for 4 days (started exactly 1 year ago today). Well I assumed that's what they were. Then waters went and less than 2hrs later baby was in my arms.
Looking back they were clearly early labour. Bh shouldn't hurt and should go if you change activities eg become more/less active.
Mine were constant and I had to breathe through them. Even though they weren't regular and didn't get closer together (until waters went and all of a sudden they were every 3mins) it was def proper labour.
Hope it's the beginning for you.

AlwaysLurking38 Sun 21-Dec-14 07:43:52

Going to follow this thread with interest.

I'm 37.2 and have the exact same thing! I had a tiny tiny bit of blood on Friday. It was like a drop. Woke up with terrible pains at about 5am and got in the bath. I thought it was the start if labour but appears not to be.

Since Friday I've woke up after 3/4 hours sleep then can't get back to sleep!

Sorry no help but i share your pain!

D00dles Sun 21-Dec-14 12:24:05

I had this with my DD. It was really painful over Christmas 3years ago, I threw up my Christmas dinner! Then around new year I went to hospital I'd already got myself 2cm dilated, Consultant did a stretch and sweep to help me along and DD was born the next day... So in answer to your question, yes it's quite likely! smile

Keepontrudging Sun 21-Dec-14 14:00:17

Sounds very promising! Lurking, is insomnia a sign of labour being imminent too? I have had the same issue- not sleeping well at all- and sometimes waking with the pains. Haven't had so many today though... But very achey, so odd!!

AlwaysLurking38 Sun 21-Dec-14 16:05:04

I hope so! Getting really fed up. I'm absolutely shattered and just want to. Meet my baby. I hope it happens soon for us both smile

Bugaboom Sun 21-Dec-14 17:36:09

I'm experiencing very similar symptoms. 38+2. Lots of uncomfortable braxton hicks for a couple of weeks but today much more intense. Had 2 hours of regular period like pains in bed this morning and then very irregular all day. Was hopeful it may have just kicked off today as it's my second- I was hoping there wouldn't be the long build up like with the first as everyone tells me second is easier! But it looks less likely as day goes on. Also insomnia kicked in over last few days. Good luck everyone

Keepontrudging Sun 21-Dec-14 20:28:55

Good luck to you both ladies. No signs of anything happening here. Just sheer exhaustion and now have some pelvis pain added to the mix! Come on baby!

AlwaysLurking38 Mon 22-Dec-14 05:58:50

Good luck to you too smile had terrible pains on and off all night and to top it off shooting pains up my bum! Really can't wait till she's out I'm getting fed up now

Keepontrudging Mon 22-Dec-14 15:51:42

I have heard of the bum pains brings a pretty good sign!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now