Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Colds in early pregnancy?

(8 Posts)
bluewisteria Sat 20-Dec-14 11:49:11

Hello,
Just got my faint early BFP grin very excited, very nervous it sticks.

But I feel like total shit. I've fought off colds all Autumn and Winter, but now feel they have hit me all at once! I know I can take paracetamol but why now?!!

leanne963 Sat 20-Dec-14 12:09:08

Oh blue I really hope it's just a one of cold for you. I have had a cold a week since 5 weeks and I am now 18 weeks. My nose is appropriately redder than rudolfs at the moment lol! My immune system is just pants at the moment! I fancy nothing more than a lemsip but I guess I will be sticking to the paracetamol. Also try saline salt nasal sprays!!! smile

Bustherb Sat 20-Dec-14 12:10:26

Awww it's such a bad combination. I remember when I got my bfp and I had a urine infection and full on cold. It was a terrible time but you will get over it soon and have something to look forward to xxxx

bluewisteria Sat 20-Dec-14 12:38:19

Thank you ladies!
I seem to remember something about the body lowering immune defences so it accepts the embryo? Not sure if this is twaddle?

bluewisteria Sat 20-Dec-14 12:39:35

Maybe Leanne that's why you still have a cold?? Bustherb, poor you, a UTI on top!

Brummiegirl15 Sat 20-Dec-14 12:54:12

I'm 7 weeks and I've got a horrendous cold. Feel dreadful!!

ToriB34 Sat 20-Dec-14 12:57:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gemzybelle Sat 20-Dec-14 17:45:40

Poor you flowers

I have had two absolutely hideous colds so far this pregnancy (23 weeks)

It won't effect baby but is not a pleasant experience. Never realised how reliant I am on cold/flu medication normally!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now