Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Colds in early pregnancy?

(8 Posts)
bluewisteria Sat 20-Dec-14 11:49:11

Hello,
Just got my faint early BFP grin very excited, very nervous it sticks.

But I feel like total shit. I've fought off colds all Autumn and Winter, but now feel they have hit me all at once! I know I can take paracetamol but why now?!!

leanne963 Sat 20-Dec-14 12:09:08

Oh blue I really hope it's just a one of cold for you. I have had a cold a week since 5 weeks and I am now 18 weeks. My nose is appropriately redder than rudolfs at the moment lol! My immune system is just pants at the moment! I fancy nothing more than a lemsip but I guess I will be sticking to the paracetamol. Also try saline salt nasal sprays!!! smile

Bustherb Sat 20-Dec-14 12:10:26

Awww it's such a bad combination. I remember when I got my bfp and I had a urine infection and full on cold. It was a terrible time but you will get over it soon and have something to look forward to xxxx

bluewisteria Sat 20-Dec-14 12:38:19

Thank you ladies!
I seem to remember something about the body lowering immune defences so it accepts the embryo? Not sure if this is twaddle?

bluewisteria Sat 20-Dec-14 12:39:35

Maybe Leanne that's why you still have a cold?? Bustherb, poor you, a UTI on top!

Brummiegirl15 Sat 20-Dec-14 12:54:12

I'm 7 weeks and I've got a horrendous cold. Feel dreadful!!

ToriB34 Sat 20-Dec-14 12:57:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gemzybelle Sat 20-Dec-14 17:45:40

Poor you flowers

I have had two absolutely hideous colds so far this pregnancy (23 weeks)

It won't effect baby but is not a pleasant experience. Never realised how reliant I am on cold/flu medication normally!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: