Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Panic attacks!!

(2 Posts)
bev26 Sat 20-Dec-14 09:16:05

Who here has panic attacks whilst pregnant? What methods do you use to cope with them? X

Mostlyjustaluker Sat 20-Dec-14 09:23:20

I have them but I am not pregnant. Here is what I try (minus the medication which can't be taken in pregnancy). Take anti acid tablets - works for me. Take all my clothes off and lie on the very cold bathroom floor. I get very hot when having panic attacks and this physically hurts but the shock seems to improve/stop it. Imagine you are in a safe place that you feel comfortable, describe what your can see, hear, smell ect. Breathe into a paper bag. Breath, 2, 3, 4 and out 2, 3, 4. If you are really bad get somebody else to count for you until you can count it in your head. Don't let yourself think about what if or think about how to stop them. Remember nobody dies from panic attacks and the usually last a max of 20 mins.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now