Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning sickness and Christmas!

(10 Posts)
Bowannabow Sat 20-Dec-14 06:46:49

Hi all hope everyone is doing ok today. Am just over 8 weeks and morning sickness has suddenly hit.

I live alone, DP 60 miles away this w end as he has 2 kids from a previous relationship who are with him in the run up to Xmas. I'm due to go to friends in London Xmas eve/ day and then will spend rest of hols with DP. But I feel so dreadful I can't envisage even travelling, let alone being sociable/surrounded by festivities!

I feel bad moaning as being pregnant is so amazing, I just feel really alone right now and like I'm going to have to force myself to get through Xmas. I have a work party and family gathering to get through first. My parents don't even know I'm pregnant so I'm not sure whether to just tell them and abandon going away and just spend Xmas with the family .

Should I try and carry on or just give in to it and face up to the fact that Christmas simply isn't going to be as planned! If anyone has any advice or similar worries be good to hear from you. Happy Christmas to all! winkXx

Lottiedoubtie Sat 20-Dec-14 07:11:41

Face up to it! Tell your mum and go and relax in their house being fed little buts of what you fancy! The only way to survive it IMO!

m33r Sat 20-Dec-14 07:38:43

bowan I found the first twelve weeks kind of lonely and my dh was here and amazing; a couple of friends knew and my great mum knew and was there for me so I totally understand and don't know how you're managing!

If were you, I'd buy myself new pjs, head to my parents and set up in the couch having anything you can stomach brought to you.

If you don't want to tell your friends you're pg yet, say you have something infectious.

Congrats btw! fsmile

LIG1979 Sat 20-Dec-14 07:49:33

Not sure - the Xmas I had ms was pretty grim but was glad to not be working so I could lay in bed and sleep as much as I could. (New year was a pain as all the fireworks woke me up at midnight.) But since then I have had a little small person who makes Christmas better than ever so it is worth it!!

JennyBlueWren Sat 20-Dec-14 10:45:22

You don't want to be travelling with MS. Tell your parents that you're pregnant and having MS and can you spend Christmas with them. Relax. Once MS has passed go down for your London visit.

TheScenicRoute Sat 20-Dec-14 11:58:21

I couldn't have travelled and I would have volunteered to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon before I volunteered to be sociable, so I'm impressed that you're even considering it.

If it was me, I'd tell my Mum and go there for pampering and day time sleeps. X

Bowannabow Sat 20-Dec-14 11:59:53

Thanks every one for the sound advice, sounds sensible. I think I need to stop putting pressure on myself! I know it'll all be worth it so will keep smiling. x

LIG1979 Sat 20-Dec-14 12:21:36

Hang on in there - ms is also one of those things you forget about fairly quickly after it goes. (Otherwise I would never have got pregnant with dc2 as I forgot how horrible it was.) Hope you feel better soon.

upthewolves Sun 21-Dec-14 01:01:19

I feel your pain OP. I'm also 8 weeks and it hit me about a week ago. I'm not vomiting but I'm very nauseous until about 12pm and then again from about 6pm. Its pretty miserable even though I know it will be worth it! We will get through! flowers

DanyStormborn Sun 21-Dec-14 11:23:09

Morning sickness is awful but usually only for a short time thankfully. You know best what you can handle so if the idea of travelling and the festivities in London fill you with dread then don't ruin your own Christmas by trying to act normal and going along with it. I'm sure your parents would love to have you for Christmas and you could visit your friends in a few weeks (might be less than a month) when you feel better. I'm well past the first trimester now and morning sickness (well all day nausea for me) at the time felt like hell and I couldn't envision it ever ending but it did and I have a huge appetite and iron stomach again now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now