Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Huge uterus?!!

(8 Posts)
Emz1989 Fri 19-Dec-14 12:22:48

Hi I don't know if anyone has any info but I'm pregnant with my 1st and all seems well. I am 13 weeks now and definitely showing, thought it might be bloat but it's definitely low, hard and round! Anyway, I was recently comparing 12 week scan pics with a few friends and it seems I have a huge uterus! (I've attached a photo!) other 12 week scan pics seem to show babys squashed in and cosy, mine was bouncing around and has a lot of extra space! Could this be why I've got such a definite bump? Is there a chance there could be twins and one was missed at the scan? Is this likely to cause any problems?
Probably being paranoid but it just seems so odd and I can find very little on the Internet! Thanks!

Foggymist Fri 19-Dec-14 12:35:08

That's what my 12 week scan looked like, looks normal. They'd have said if your uterus was unusual, tilted, big, etc.

There's no way it could be twins and one was missed, then wouldn't your "huge" uterus be filled with two babies, rather than one sitting happily with space? They couldn't miss twins at a 12 weeks scan, you'd clearly see it.

mumxof3x Fri 19-Dec-14 16:54:15

The black bit is not your uterus, it is the sac and fluid, the outer bit (whitey grey shading area) is the uterus. So no you dont have a huge uterus. It looks completely normal to be honest and sometimes how a scan is took can make the black bit look bigger or smaller. On my 17wk scan it looks different on every pick they took. Did they say anything about water levels? If not i wouldnt worry. You will prob find at your next scan, the area doesnt looks as big. Congrats x

Emz1989 Fri 19-Dec-14 19:56:57

Thank you for your helpful response mumof3!! It just looks so different to other 12 week pics and as this is my first everything is just the great unknown!!

Swanny84 Sat 20-Dec-14 09:37:16

I was thinking the same about mine, tho mine is 7w 6d scan, compared to most mine looks huge. But woman said its healthy and sure he/she will grow into it smile

ArchangelGallic Sat 20-Dec-14 09:40:19

grin

Your title sounds like a big ol' boast!

I was wondering if this was the natural progression to boasting about PFB...well, my uterus is bigger than yours and it's got a lovely tilt so baby is comfortable when he's sleeping!

Congratulations OP. Enjoy the rest of the ride. fsmile

Poppiesway Sat 20-Dec-14 10:04:12

Is absolutely normal.
You filled your bladder well which has pushed the uterus down which helps to view baby far more easily.
You can see from Swannys image that her bladder was not particularly well filled as the uterus has not been pushed down.
Don't forget everyone is different in size and shape, Congratulations on baby.

Emz1989 Sat 20-Dec-14 11:40:02

Lol certainly not a boast arch more a paranoid, baffled first time mum post!
Thanks all for putting my mind to rest!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now