Talk

Advanced search

CVS results - long wait

(1 Post)
parisblue Thu 18-Dec-14 19:26:59

I'm having an excruciating time waiting for my CVS results to come through (my risk of Down's was given as 1:24). The hospital told me three working days, but they're now over two days late - apparently the lab are just not sending the results through. I wish there was more sensitivity to how much pain parents endure while they're waiting for these results - and more efficiency in delivery!
This is extra difficult for me because my first pregnancy was also classified as high-risk (1:70) after the dating scan; I had CVS, waited THREE WEEKS for the results (different hospital - but at least they didn't tell me the results would be in sooner than they were), and fortunately the karyotype was absolutely normal. I told myself that I shouldn't worry about the same thing happening again, etc. Then it did happen - only the odds are even lower this time. I'm feeling very frustrated and scared, and I wonder if anyone else is going through the same thing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now