Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Vaginal odour (sorry if TMI)

(8 Posts)
ChristmasYoni Thu 18-Dec-14 17:08:16

With both of my pregnancies I had a strong vaginal odour which I can only describe as rotting meat! Tests were all negative for infections but it persisted until delivery.
I can now smell it again bit tests are negative...we have been ttc so I may be paranoid but there is no ignoring that smell and I have only ever had it when pregnant! Anyone else had this??

TheBatteriesHaveRunOut Thu 18-Dec-14 17:20:37

UCM is that you?

ChristmasYoni Thu 18-Dec-14 17:21:52

Ucm? Sorry??

sianihedgehog Thu 18-Dec-14 18:35:00

I had a "period" sort of a smell both times, like old blood.

BigCatFace Thu 18-Dec-14 18:43:08

Mine smells like onions! blush

Mumraathenoisylion Thu 18-Dec-14 18:47:11

Maybe it's just because your sense of smell is heightened during pregnancy and in fact you always smell like rotten meat grin

My test is to spray deodorant because it makes me gag when I'm pregnant (was pregnant, no more for me!).

Lizzy86 Thu 18-Dec-14 21:36:08

I'm 21 weeks and noticed I smell 'not fresh' even though I'm clean and freshly showered. It's quite embarrassing but midwife says it's very common and nothing to worry about

Threeplus1 Thu 18-Dec-14 21:41:53

I was going to start a thread about this very thing myself!

I don't smell like 'rotting meat', just not fresh as lizzy puts it. It was the first thing that alerted me I could be pregnant at just 10 dpo. I don't remember it being this strong in my other three pregnancies though....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now