Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

booking appointment, what do i need to take?

(5 Posts)
weelamb123 Thu 18-Dec-14 15:26:48

Do I need to take anything to first booking appt I.e. Urine sample, medication I'm on etc

MinnesotaNice Thu 18-Dec-14 15:43:43

For my first pregnancy, I was given a form ahead to fill out family medical history on both maternal and paternal side. Including things like diabetes, asthma, cancer, etc. I photocopied it and it has made the first appointment for the next 2 pregnancy run really smoothly as I had the info on hand.

A list of medications would probably be helpful as well.

LovelyWeatherForDucks Thu 18-Dec-14 15:46:49

Nothing really - if you have a suitable container to bring a urine sample that would save a trip to the loo! And your diary as they will probably book you in for subsequent appointments. I had mine on Tuesday.

Lazymummy2014 Thu 18-Dec-14 15:53:22

I was asked at my booking appt which hospital I wanted for the birth as there are two in our city, which took me completely by surprise! I hadn't really thought that far ahead ;-) You can change it later but it's worth knowing that you might be asked!

weelamb123 Thu 18-Dec-14 16:29:00

Thanks girls ��

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now