Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Really confused

(6 Posts)
skiaddict Thu 18-Dec-14 10:28:45

Hi,

After some advice

I have never bothered to track my period before as I only came off the pill in August (not ttc, just didn't want to be on it anymore). Last month I decided to download an app to track it so I would get a nice warning when I am due on, although all based on guess work as I didn't know the length of my cycle. Today (based on a 35 day cycle) I am 3 days late. Although last period was due to morning after pill.

My boobs are so achey (not normal for me) and I was really sick yesterday morning so I thought I would do a pregnancy test just in case. Negative, even first wee of the day.

Has anyone had this and turned out to be pregnant?

It wouldn't be a planned pregnancy but I would still be happy about it. Equally OK with not being pregnant as we're going skiing in Feb!

Thanks

blackwidow74 Thu 18-Dec-14 16:02:43

It can take some months for your cycle to settle and can vary from month to month in length. I'm confused as to why your last period was due to morning after pill if you would be happy to be pregnant?
The reason gps suggest waiting 3 months before ttc is to give your body time to adjust and for you to get an idea on cycle ... give it a week and test again if no periodoubt smile

skiaddict Thu 18-Dec-14 16:19:48

We're using condoms, but it broke. It would be really bad timing with the skiing holiday so morning after pill was needed - in my mind different to termination, but I know others differ in opinion. If I am pregnant then so be it, skiing will be a relaxing holiday laughing at people falling over or something.

Thanks for your reply smile Will see what happens

coastergirl Thu 18-Dec-14 16:46:10

My periods were extremely messed up after coming off the pill. Nothing for months then really short gaps, totally unpredictable. I'd second what a pp said and test again in about a week.

Swanny84 Fri 19-Dec-14 08:58:26

Why dont you do a test just to reassure yourself? Nothing worse than guessing.
Boobs could be achy due to change in hormones from coming off the pill. Good luck x

Swanny84 Fri 19-Dec-14 08:59:25

Sorry I meant re-test, 1st thing in morning xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now