Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Aspirin in pregnancy

(13 Posts)
Iveta13 Wed 17-Dec-14 22:32:38

Is any one taking aspirin in pregnancy doctor prescribe to me every day one tablet till 36 week I am confused confused

JammyTodger Wed 17-Dec-14 22:36:24

Yes, me. Has been prescribed as I had PRE-eclampsia in my last pregnancy. So far my bp has been fine so it seems to be working. Why are you confused? Have you not been told why it's been prescribed?

cheshirem2b Thu 18-Dec-14 05:56:15

Yes due to raised BMI. All been fine in terms of BP etc

Elja1127 Thu 18-Dec-14 06:48:16

I am for pre-eclampsia in previous pregnancies. Bit strange you haven't been told why

laurenamium Thu 18-Dec-14 09:06:42

I have to take it as I have low PAPP A hormone which is linked to smaller babies. If you're wondering why you're taking it though definitely ask! It's very safe to take a low dose in pregnancy, I asked on here when first prescribed it and was given some really good informative links to research!

furryleopard Thu 18-Dec-14 09:15:56

I took 75mg once a day during my pregnancy with DD as I'd previously had 4 miscarriages. It's safe in low doses

Iveta13 Thu 18-Dec-14 10:07:45

Thanks girls will chek with my Gp she didn't explain much and I have searh on web in America they not really giving to pregnant I have premature delivery at 34 weeks that's why they say just want to find out if any one in uk taking aspirin in pregnancy thanks

LittlePeasMummy1 Thu 18-Dec-14 10:32:48

Here is a patient information leaflet about use of aspirin in pregnancy. Hope this is helpful

www.medicinesinpregnancy.org/Medicine--pregnancy/Asprin/

Number3cometome Thu 18-Dec-14 10:45:54

I take 75mg a day for Eclampsia seizures in pregnancy with DS, pre-eclampsia in pregnancy with DD.

My blood pressure went up to 137/100 the moment I was pregnant, I am also on methyldopa.

I am 8+5 and the combination of the two seem to be keeping it at a steady 135/80 (still a bit high for pregnancy)

I usually take beta blockers when not pregnant as it is quite high.

I am not overweight and I am quite fit.

I had the same with my last pregnancy when I took aspirin up to the day of my c-section.
Apparently it helps to ensure the baby grows if you have pre-eclampsia.

Baby 1 was 9lb and baby 2 was 8lb 2 (2 weeks early) so I would say it's doing the job ;)

MaltedMilkBiscuits Thu 18-Dec-14 11:52:34

Yes low dose once a day until 34 weeks due to recurrent miscarriage.

Brummiegirl15 Thu 18-Dec-14 20:34:07

I'm on aspirin 75mg a day due to recurrent miscarriage

Iveta13 Fri 19-Dec-14 22:16:50

Thanks I am feeling more safe now smile

Ticktick Fri 19-Dec-14 22:29:03

I take daily aspirin along with anti coagulation injections due to a previous blood clot. Low dose aspirin is fine in pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now